RE: [pcgen] How to show available spells in the output sheet?

  • Edwin Holley
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4 6:33 PM
      I thought SpellBook0 was no longer in use, as I recall from my initial work
      on the PCGScry outputsheet from back in the day.

      _____

      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 4 8:41 PM
        Wouldn't ya know it? I tried looking for a "ThisFileIsCompatable" type
        token and searched the help, but it didn't occur to me that it might
        be an enforced naming convention. Thanks Chuck!

        Someone aught to point this out to a Doc Monkey.

        On 7/4/06, Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:
        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@...> wrote:
        >
        > > (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to recognize the
        > > OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).
        >
        > It has to be in the same directory as the other Output Sheets and the
        > name has to start with "csheet_". Then it will show up in the export list.
        >
        > Chuck
        > OS Chimp
      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5 1:03 AM
          I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@...> wrote:

          > Wouldn't ya know it? I tried looking for a "ThisFileIsCompatable" type
          > token and searched the help, but it didn't occur to me that it might
          > be an enforced naming convention. Thanks Chuck!
          >
          > Someone aught to point this out to a Doc Monkey.
          >
          > On 7/4/06, Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:
          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@> wrote:
          > >
          > > > (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to
          recognize the
          > > > OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).
          > >
          > > It has to be in the same directory as the other Output Sheets and the
          > > name has to start with "csheet_". Then it will show up in the
          export list.

          > > Chuck
          > > OS Chimp

        • Chuck Pint
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 5 4:35 AM
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

            > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

            I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
            section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
            should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
            name conventions...

            I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.

            Chuck
            OS Chimp
          • krazhit
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5 6:48 AM
              [ 1517521 ] OS directories and file name convention
              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1517521&group_id=25576&atid=748235

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

              > I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
              > section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
              > should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
              > name conventions...
              >
              > I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.
              >
              > Chuck
              > OS Chimp

            • krazhit
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5 7:46 AM
                As a followup, what are the exact naming conventions?
                csheet: Export characters from the export dialogue.
                psheet: Export entire parties from the export dialogue.
                eqsheet: Export equipment sheets from the Inventory-Equipment tab.

                Spellsheets to export from the Spells tab?
                The current ones do have the csheet prefix

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "krazhit" <here@...> wrote:

                > [ 1517521 ] OS directories and file name convention

                https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1517521&group_id=25576&atid=748235

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

                > > I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
                > > section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
                > > should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
                > > name conventions...
                > >
                > > I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.
                > >
                > > Chuck
                > > OS Chimp

              • Nathan B Hinckley
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 12 2:11 PM
                  Accidentally only sent this to Susan the first time around...

                  > > I have mine working, for the most part, and I'll post the code if you
                  > > like (but I should warn you, it's pretty arcane and scary. As a side
                  > > note; I'd like to see an operator that sets aside comments that PCGen
                  > > removes when exporting a character. Alas!).
                  >
                  > I would be interested in that aswell.
                  >
                  > Susan

                  You asked for it, so here it is:

                  ------------------- Sample Code -----------------------------

                  |%SPELLLISTBOOK.0.0.1|
                  Innate Spells
                  |FOR,%spell,0,COUNT[SPELLSINBOOK0.1.0]-1,1,0|
                  |SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.NAME| (|SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.TIMES|; DC
                  |SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.DC|),

                  |ENDFOR|
                  |%|
                  |FOR,%class,COUNT[SPELLRACE],COUNT[CLASSES],1,0|
                  |%SPELLLISTCLASS.%class|

                  |SPELLLISTCLASS.%class| Spells
                  |FOR,%sbook,0,COUNT[SPELLBOOKS]-1,1,1|
                  |%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.1.%sbook|
                  |SPELLBOOKNAME.%sbook|
                  |FOR,%level,0,MAXSPELLLEVEL.%class,1,1|
                  |%||%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.%level.%sbook|

                  Level |%level|
                  |FOR,%spell,0,COUNT[SPELLSINBOOK.%class.%sbook.%level]-1,1,0|
                  |IIF(%sbook:0)|
                  |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.NAME| (DC
                  |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.DC|; Source:
                  |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.SOURCEPAGE|),

                  |ELSE|
                  |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.NAME|
                  x|SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.TIMES| (DC
                  |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.DC|),
                  |ENDIF|
                  |ENDFOR|
                  |%||%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.1.%sbook|
                  |ENDFOR|
                  |%||%SPELLLISTCLASS.%class|
                  |ENDFOR|
                  |%|
                  |ENDFOR|

                  ---------------------- End of Sample Code ------------------------------

                  I'm still playing with it and haven't had time to completely decipher
                  the code (it is modified from "csheet_plain.TXT", which comes bundled
                  with 5.10 stable). The output looks like this for a gnome cleric
                  1/wizard 1/psion 1 (With a whole lot of white space removed):

                  ---------------------- Sample Output ------------------------

                  Innate Spells
                  Speak with Animals (1; DC 11),

                  Dancing Lights (1; DC 10),

                  Ghost Sound (1; DC 10),

                  Prestidigitation (1; DC 10),

                  Cleric Spells

                  Known Spells

                  Level 0
                  Create Water (DC 12; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Cure Minor Wounds (DC 12;
                  Source: SpellsC.rtf), Detect Magic (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                  Detect Poison (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Guidance (DC 12;
                  Source: SpellsF-G.rtf), Inflict Minor Wounds (DC 12; Source:
                  SpellsH-L.rtf), Light (DC 12; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf), Mending (DC
                  12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Purify Food and Drink (DC 12; Source:
                  SpellsP-R.rtf), Read Magic (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                  Resistance (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Virtue (DC 12; Source:
                  SpellsT-Z.rtf),

                  Level 1
                  Animate Rope (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Bane (DC 13; Source:
                  SpellsA-B.rtf), Bless (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Bless Water
                  (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Cause Fear (DC 13; Source:
                  SpellsC.rtf), Command (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Comprehend
                  Languages (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Cure Light Wounds (DC 13;
                  Source: SpellsC.rtf), Curse Water (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf),
                  Deathwatch (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Chaos (DC 13;
                  Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Evil (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                  Detect Good (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Law (DC 13;
                  Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Undead (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                  Divine Favor (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Divine Favor (DC 13;
                  Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Doom (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Endure
                  Elements (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Entropic Shield (DC 13;
                  Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Hide from Undead (DC 13; Source:
                  SpellsH-L.rtf), Inflict Light Wounds (DC 13; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf),
                  Magic Stone (DC 13; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Magic Weapon (DC 13;
                  Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Obscuring Mist (DC 13; Source:
                  SpellsM-O.rtf), Protection from Chaos (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                  Protection from Evil (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Protection from
                  Good (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Protection from Law (DC 13;
                  Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Remove Fear (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                  Sanctuary (DC 13; Source: SpellsS.rtf), Shield of Faith (DC 13;
                  Source: SpellsS.rtf), Summon Monster I (DC 13; Source: SpellsS.rtf),

                  Prepared Spells

                  Level 0
                  Detect Magic x1 (DC 12), Detect Poison x1 (DC 12), Inflict Minor
                  Wounds x1 (DC 12),

                  Level 1
                  Divine Favor x1 (DC 13), Doom x1 (DC 13), Endure Elements x1 (DC 13),

                  Psion Spells

                  Known Spells

                  Level 1
                  Attraction (DC 13; Source: PsionicPowersA-C.rtf), Call to Mind (DC
                  13; Source: PsionicPowersA-C.rtf), Crystal Shard (DC 13; Source:
                  PsionicPowersA-C.rtf),

                  Wizard Spells

                  Known Spells

                  Level 0
                  Acid Splash (DC 12; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Arcane Mark (DC 12;
                  Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Dancing Lights (DC 12; Source:
                  SpellsD-E.rtf), Daze (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Magic
                  (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Poison (DC 12; Source:
                  SpellsD-E.rtf), Disrupt Undead (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Flare
                  (DC 12; Source: SpellsF-G.rtf), Ghost Sound (DC 13; Source:
                  SpellsF-G.rtf), Light (DC 12; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf), Mage Hand (DC
                  12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Mending (DC 12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf),
                  Message (DC 12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Open/Close (DC 12; Source:
                  SpellsM-O.rtf), Prestidigitation (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Ray
                  of Frost (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Read Magic (DC 12; Source:
                  SpellsP-R.rtf), Resistance (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Touch of
                  Fatigue (DC 12; Source: SpellsT-Z.rtf),

                  Level 1
                  Alarm (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Animate Rope (DC 13; Source:
                  SpellsA-B.rtf),

                  Prepared Spells

                  Level 0
                  Acid Splash x3 (DC 12),

                  Level 1
                  Alarm x1 (DC 13), Animate Rope x1 (DC 13),

                  Like I said, I'm still playing with it, but I hope it's helpful.
                • Nathan B Hinckley
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 12 2:12 PM
                    Same as before...