Re: [pcgen] How to show available spells in the output sheet?

  • Nathan B Hinckley
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
      I've been trying to do something similar. In my output sheet, I have
      it set up to loop through a characters classes and ouput all his/her
      innate/known/prepared spells. PCGen appears to treat known spells as
      spellbooks. According to the documentation, PCGen puts innate spells
      are put in spellbook 0, known spells are spellbook 1, and prepared
      spells are all in spellbooks 2 and onward with one spellbook per
      configuration.

      The Output tag SPELLMEM.v.w.x.y.z does the work with w being the
      spellbook in question. The documentation explains what the other
      variables are (v is the class, x is the spell level, and so forth),
      but to be honest; you will probably want to back up the plain text OS
      and play around with the original if you want to understand
      (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to recognize the
      OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).

      I have mine working, for the most part, and I'll post the code if you
      like (but I should warn you, it's pretty arcane and scary. As a side
      note; I'd like to see an operator that sets aside comments that PCGen
      removes when exporting a character. Alas!).

      Galadare

      On 7/2/06, Lucio Bragagnolo <lux@...> wrote:
      > In my D&D group there is a wizard character. I'd like his character sheet to show which spells
      > are still available form him (against those already used and useless for the rest of the day),
      > but I can't find out how to configure his PcGen record. Can anyone help me?
      >
      > Thanks in advance,
      >
      > lux

      > PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Chuck Pint
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@...> wrote:

        > (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to recognize the
        > OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).

        It has to be in the same directory as the other Output Sheets and the
        name has to start with "csheet_". Then it will show up in the export list.

        Chuck
        OS Chimp
      • Edwin Holley
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
          I thought SpellBook0 was no longer in use, as I recall from my initial work
          on the PCGScry outputsheet from back in the day.

          _____

          <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome> org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
          <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds> org/pcgen/autobuilds
          > PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.
          <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/> org/pcgen/docs/

        • Nathan B Hinckley
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
            Wouldn't ya know it? I tried looking for a "ThisFileIsCompatable" type
            token and searched the help, but it didn't occur to me that it might
            be an enforced naming convention. Thanks Chuck!

            Someone aught to point this out to a Doc Monkey.

            On 7/4/06, Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@...> wrote:
            >
            > > (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to recognize the
            > > OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).
            >
            > It has to be in the same directory as the other Output Sheets and the
            > name has to start with "csheet_". Then it will show up in the export list.
            >
            > Chuck
            > OS Chimp
          • karianna03
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
              I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@...> wrote:

              > Wouldn't ya know it? I tried looking for a "ThisFileIsCompatable" type
              > token and searched the help, but it didn't occur to me that it might
              > be an enforced naming convention. Thanks Chuck!
              >
              > Someone aught to point this out to a Doc Monkey.
              >
              > On 7/4/06, Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:
              > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@> wrote:
              > >
              > > > (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to
              recognize the
              > > > OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).
              > >
              > > It has to be in the same directory as the other Output Sheets and the
              > > name has to start with "csheet_". Then it will show up in the
              export list.

              > > Chuck
              > > OS Chimp

            • Chuck Pint
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

                I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
                section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
                should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
                name conventions...

                I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.

                Chuck
                OS Chimp
              • krazhit
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
                  [ 1517521 ] OS directories and file name convention
                  https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1517521&group_id=25576&atid=748235

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

                  > I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
                  > section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
                  > should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
                  > name conventions...
                  >
                  > I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.
                  >
                  > Chuck
                  > OS Chimp

                • krazhit
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
                    As a followup, what are the exact naming conventions?
                    csheet: Export characters from the export dialogue.
                    psheet: Export entire parties from the export dialogue.
                    eqsheet: Export equipment sheets from the Inventory-Equipment tab.

                    Spellsheets to export from the Spells tab?
                    The current ones do have the csheet prefix

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "krazhit" <here@...> wrote:

                    > [ 1517521 ] OS directories and file name convention

                    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1517521&group_id=25576&atid=748235

                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

                    > > I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
                    > > section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
                    > > should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
                    > > name conventions...
                    > >
                    > > I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.
                    > >
                    > > Chuck
                    > > OS Chimp

                  • Nathan B Hinckley
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
                      Accidentally only sent this to Susan the first time around...

                      > > I have mine working, for the most part, and I'll post the code if you
                      > > like (but I should warn you, it's pretty arcane and scary. As a side
                      > > note; I'd like to see an operator that sets aside comments that PCGen
                      > > removes when exporting a character. Alas!).
                      >
                      > I would be interested in that aswell.
                      >
                      > Susan

                      You asked for it, so here it is:

                      ------------------- Sample Code -----------------------------

                      |%SPELLLISTBOOK.0.0.1|
                      Innate Spells
                      |FOR,%spell,0,COUNT[SPELLSINBOOK0.1.0]-1,1,0|
                      |SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.NAME| (|SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.TIMES|; DC
                      |SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.DC|),

                      |ENDFOR|
                      |%|
                      |FOR,%class,COUNT[SPELLRACE],COUNT[CLASSES],1,0|
                      |%SPELLLISTCLASS.%class|

                      |SPELLLISTCLASS.%class| Spells
                      |FOR,%sbook,0,COUNT[SPELLBOOKS]-1,1,1|
                      |%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.1.%sbook|
                      |SPELLBOOKNAME.%sbook|
                      |FOR,%level,0,MAXSPELLLEVEL.%class,1,1|
                      |%||%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.%level.%sbook|

                      Level |%level|
                      |FOR,%spell,0,COUNT[SPELLSINBOOK.%class.%sbook.%level]-1,1,0|
                      |IIF(%sbook:0)|
                      |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.NAME| (DC
                      |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.DC|; Source:
                      |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.SOURCEPAGE|),

                      |ELSE|
                      |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.NAME|
                      x|SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.TIMES| (DC
                      |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.DC|),
                      |ENDIF|
                      |ENDFOR|
                      |%||%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.1.%sbook|
                      |ENDFOR|
                      |%||%SPELLLISTCLASS.%class|
                      |ENDFOR|
                      |%|
                      |ENDFOR|

                      ---------------------- End of Sample Code ------------------------------

                      I'm still playing with it and haven't had time to completely decipher
                      the code (it is modified from "csheet_plain.TXT", which comes bundled
                      with 5.10 stable). The output looks like this for a gnome cleric
                      1/wizard 1/psion 1 (With a whole lot of white space removed):

                      ---------------------- Sample Output ------------------------

                      Innate Spells
                      Speak with Animals (1; DC 11),

                      Dancing Lights (1; DC 10),

                      Ghost Sound (1; DC 10),

                      Prestidigitation (1; DC 10),

                      Cleric Spells

                      Known Spells

                      Level 0
                      Create Water (DC 12; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Cure Minor Wounds (DC 12;
                      Source: SpellsC.rtf), Detect Magic (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                      Detect Poison (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Guidance (DC 12;
                      Source: SpellsF-G.rtf), Inflict Minor Wounds (DC 12; Source:
                      SpellsH-L.rtf), Light (DC 12; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf), Mending (DC
                      12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Purify Food and Drink (DC 12; Source:
                      SpellsP-R.rtf), Read Magic (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                      Resistance (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Virtue (DC 12; Source:
                      SpellsT-Z.rtf),

                      Level 1
                      Animate Rope (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Bane (DC 13; Source:
                      SpellsA-B.rtf), Bless (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Bless Water
                      (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Cause Fear (DC 13; Source:
                      SpellsC.rtf), Command (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Comprehend
                      Languages (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Cure Light Wounds (DC 13;
                      Source: SpellsC.rtf), Curse Water (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf),
                      Deathwatch (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Chaos (DC 13;
                      Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Evil (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                      Detect Good (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Law (DC 13;
                      Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Undead (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                      Divine Favor (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Divine Favor (DC 13;
                      Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Doom (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Endure
                      Elements (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Entropic Shield (DC 13;
                      Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Hide from Undead (DC 13; Source:
                      SpellsH-L.rtf), Inflict Light Wounds (DC 13; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf),
                      Magic Stone (DC 13; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Magic Weapon (DC 13;
                      Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Obscuring Mist (DC 13; Source:
                      SpellsM-O.rtf), Protection from Chaos (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                      Protection from Evil (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Protection from
                      Good (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Protection from Law (DC 13;
                      Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Remove Fear (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                      Sanctuary (DC 13; Source: SpellsS.rtf), Shield of Faith (DC 13;
                      Source: SpellsS.rtf), Summon Monster I (DC 13; Source: SpellsS.rtf),

                      Prepared Spells

                      Level 0
                      Detect Magic x1 (DC 12), Detect Poison x1 (DC 12), Inflict Minor
                      Wounds x1 (DC 12),

                      Level 1
                      Divine Favor x1 (DC 13), Doom x1 (DC 13), Endure Elements x1 (DC 13),

                      Psion Spells

                      Known Spells

                      Level 1
                      Attraction (DC 13; Source: PsionicPowersA-C.rtf), Call to Mind (DC
                      13; Source: PsionicPowersA-C.rtf), Crystal Shard (DC 13; Source:
                      PsionicPowersA-C.rtf),

                      Wizard Spells

                      Known Spells

                      Level 0
                      Acid Splash (DC 12; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Arcane Mark (DC 12;
                      Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Dancing Lights (DC 12; Source:
                      SpellsD-E.rtf), Daze (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Magic
                      (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Poison (DC 12; Source:
                      SpellsD-E.rtf), Disrupt Undead (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Flare
                      (DC 12; Source: SpellsF-G.rtf), Ghost Sound (DC 13; Source:
                      SpellsF-G.rtf), Light (DC 12; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf), Mage Hand (DC
                      12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Mending (DC 12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf),
                      Message (DC 12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Open/Close (DC 12; Source:
                      SpellsM-O.rtf), Prestidigitation (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Ray
                      of Frost (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Read Magic (DC 12; Source:
                      SpellsP-R.rtf), Resistance (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Touch of
                      Fatigue (DC 12; Source: SpellsT-Z.rtf),

                      Level 1
                      Alarm (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Animate Rope (DC 13; Source:
                      SpellsA-B.rtf),

                      Prepared Spells

                      Level 0
                      Acid Splash x3 (DC 12),

                      Level 1
                      Alarm x1 (DC 13), Animate Rope x1 (DC 13),

                      Like I said, I'm still playing with it, but I hope it's helpful.
                    • Nathan B Hinckley
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
                        Same as before...