Donating my soul

  • Eduard Martinescu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
      Well,
      After playing with PCGen over the years, I decided I would like to
      help out as a code monkey. So what next? I have Eclipse setup, and the
      5.10 branch checked out. I even added the 'FindBugs' plugin into
      Eclipse, and ran it against the code base. It shows lots of
      'potential' problems, but I don't want to get too carried away yet.

      Please let me know the next steps, if you decide you can use my help.

      Thanks,
      Ed

      PS: Sourceforge login: Arvoreen
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
        Hi Ed,

        On 04/07/06, Eduard Martinescu <martines@...> wrote:
        > Well,
        > After playing with PCGen over the years, I decided I would like to
        > help out as a code monkey. So what next?

        Excellent news - welcome to the monkey tribe! I'll drop you an email
        with further info in about 8 hours when I am back from work.

        > I have Eclipse setup, and the
        > 5.10 branch checked out. I even added the 'FindBugs' plugin into
        > Eclipse, and ran it against the code base. It shows lots of
        > 'potential' problems, but I don't want to get too carried away yet.

        Best to reset your environment to point to the trunk rather than the
        5.10 branch, as the branch is in critical bug fix only mode and we are
        hoping to release the final release candidate on the weekend. The URL
        I use for the trunk is
        https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen

        > Please let me know the next steps, if you decide you can use my help.

        Shall do, and rest assured that your offer of help is most welcome :)

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code Gibbon
      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 4, 2006
          Hi Ed,

          Please also add yourself to the Wiki
          (http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome) under The Team section
          and also under the Code Team (you'll start as a Lemur BTW). I'll add
          you to the project on SF so you have the correct permissions etc.

          Welcome aboard :-)

          Karianna