How to show available spells in the output sheet?

  • Lucio Bragagnolo
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2006
      In my D&D group there is a wizard character. I'd like his character sheet to show which spells
      are still available form him (against those already used and useless for the rest of the day),
      but I can't find out how to configure his PcGen record. Can anyone help me?

      Thanks in advance,

      lux
    • Nathan B Hinckley
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
        I've been trying to do something similar. In my output sheet, I have
        it set up to loop through a characters classes and ouput all his/her
        innate/known/prepared spells. PCGen appears to treat known spells as
        spellbooks. According to the documentation, PCGen puts innate spells
        are put in spellbook 0, known spells are spellbook 1, and prepared
        spells are all in spellbooks 2 and onward with one spellbook per
        configuration.

        The Output tag SPELLMEM.v.w.x.y.z does the work with w being the
        spellbook in question. The documentation explains what the other
        variables are (v is the class, x is the spell level, and so forth),
        but to be honest; you will probably want to back up the plain text OS
        and play around with the original if you want to understand
        (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to recognize the
        OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).

        I have mine working, for the most part, and I'll post the code if you
        like (but I should warn you, it's pretty arcane and scary. As a side
        note; I'd like to see an operator that sets aside comments that PCGen
        removes when exporting a character. Alas!).

        Galadare

        On 7/2/06, Lucio Bragagnolo <lux@...> wrote:
        > In my D&D group there is a wizard character. I'd like his character sheet to show which spells
        > are still available form him (against those already used and useless for the rest of the day),
        > but I can't find out how to configure his PcGen record. Can anyone help me?
        >
        > Thanks in advance,
        >
        > lux

        > PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/
        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Chuck Pint
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@...> wrote:

          > (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to recognize the
          > OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).

          It has to be in the same directory as the other Output Sheets and the
          name has to start with "csheet_". Then it will show up in the export list.

          Chuck
          OS Chimp
        • Edwin Holley
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
            I thought SpellBook0 was no longer in use, as I recall from my initial work
            on the PCGScry outputsheet from back in the day.

            _____

            <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome> org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
            <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/autobuilds> org/pcgen/autobuilds
            > PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.
            <http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/> org/pcgen/docs/

          • Nathan B Hinckley
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 4, 2006
              Wouldn't ya know it? I tried looking for a "ThisFileIsCompatable" type
              token and searched the help, but it didn't occur to me that it might
              be an enforced naming convention. Thanks Chuck!

              Someone aught to point this out to a Doc Monkey.

              On 7/4/06, Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:
              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@...> wrote:
              >
              > > (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to recognize the
              > > OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).
              >
              > It has to be in the same directory as the other Output Sheets and the
              > name has to start with "csheet_". Then it will show up in the export list.
              >
              > Chuck
              > OS Chimp
            • karianna03
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
                I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@...> wrote:

                > Wouldn't ya know it? I tried looking for a "ThisFileIsCompatable" type
                > token and searched the help, but it didn't occur to me that it might
                > be an enforced naming convention. Thanks Chuck!
                >
                > Someone aught to point this out to a Doc Monkey.
                >
                > On 7/4/06, Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:
                > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Nathan B Hinckley" <galadare@> wrote:
                > >
                > > > (maddeningly enough, I haven't been able to get PCGen to
                recognize the
                > > > OS if I rename it, but that's another matter).
                > >
                > > It has to be in the same directory as the other Output Sheets and the
                > > name has to start with "csheet_". Then it will show up in the
                export list.

                > > Chuck
                > > OS Chimp

              • Chuck Pint
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                  > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

                  I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
                  section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
                  should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
                  name conventions...

                  I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.

                  Chuck
                  OS Chimp
                • krazhit
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
                    [ 1517521 ] OS directories and file name convention
                    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1517521&group_id=25576&atid=748235

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

                    > I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
                    > section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
                    > should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
                    > name conventions...
                    >
                    > I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.
                    >
                    > Chuck
                    > OS Chimp

                  • krazhit
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 5, 2006
                      As a followup, what are the exact naming conventions?
                      csheet: Export characters from the export dialogue.
                      psheet: Export entire parties from the export dialogue.
                      eqsheet: Export equipment sheets from the Inventory-Equipment tab.

                      Spellsheets to export from the Spells tab?
                      The current ones do have the csheet prefix

                      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "krazhit" <here@...> wrote:

                      > [ 1517521 ] OS directories and file name convention

                      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1517521&group_id=25576&atid=748235

                      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Chuck Pint" <pcgen2006@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                      > > >
                      > > > I thought I remembered this being in the docs somewhere... Chuck?

                      > > I thought so too, but I can't find it. Under "Output Sheets" is a
                      > > section titled "Creating an Output Sheet". Seems a new paragraph
                      > > should be in there at the top that talks about directories and file
                      > > name conventions...
                      > >
                      > > I've flagged for a Tracker Monkey.
                      > >
                      > > Chuck
                      > > OS Chimp

                    • Nathan B Hinckley
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
                        Accidentally only sent this to Susan the first time around...

                        > > I have mine working, for the most part, and I'll post the code if you
                        > > like (but I should warn you, it's pretty arcane and scary. As a side
                        > > note; I'd like to see an operator that sets aside comments that PCGen
                        > > removes when exporting a character. Alas!).
                        >
                        > I would be interested in that aswell.
                        >
                        > Susan

                        You asked for it, so here it is:

                        ------------------- Sample Code -----------------------------

                        |%SPELLLISTBOOK.0.0.1|
                        Innate Spells
                        |FOR,%spell,0,COUNT[SPELLSINBOOK0.1.0]-1,1,0|
                        |SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.NAME| (|SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.TIMES|; DC
                        |SPELLMEM.0.1.0.%spell.DC|),

                        |ENDFOR|
                        |%|
                        |FOR,%class,COUNT[SPELLRACE],COUNT[CLASSES],1,0|
                        |%SPELLLISTCLASS.%class|

                        |SPELLLISTCLASS.%class| Spells
                        |FOR,%sbook,0,COUNT[SPELLBOOKS]-1,1,1|
                        |%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.1.%sbook|
                        |SPELLBOOKNAME.%sbook|
                        |FOR,%level,0,MAXSPELLLEVEL.%class,1,1|
                        |%||%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.%level.%sbook|

                        Level |%level|
                        |FOR,%spell,0,COUNT[SPELLSINBOOK.%class.%sbook.%level]-1,1,0|
                        |IIF(%sbook:0)|
                        |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.NAME| (DC
                        |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.DC|; Source:
                        |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.SOURCEPAGE|),

                        |ELSE|
                        |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.NAME|
                        x|SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.TIMES| (DC
                        |SPELLMEM.%class.%sbook.%level.%spell.DC|),
                        |ENDIF|
                        |ENDFOR|
                        |%||%SPELLLISTBOOK.%class.1.%sbook|
                        |ENDFOR|
                        |%||%SPELLLISTCLASS.%class|
                        |ENDFOR|
                        |%|
                        |ENDFOR|

                        ---------------------- End of Sample Code ------------------------------

                        I'm still playing with it and haven't had time to completely decipher
                        the code (it is modified from "csheet_plain.TXT", which comes bundled
                        with 5.10 stable). The output looks like this for a gnome cleric
                        1/wizard 1/psion 1 (With a whole lot of white space removed):

                        ---------------------- Sample Output ------------------------

                        Innate Spells
                        Speak with Animals (1; DC 11),

                        Dancing Lights (1; DC 10),

                        Ghost Sound (1; DC 10),

                        Prestidigitation (1; DC 10),

                        Cleric Spells

                        Known Spells

                        Level 0
                        Create Water (DC 12; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Cure Minor Wounds (DC 12;
                        Source: SpellsC.rtf), Detect Magic (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                        Detect Poison (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Guidance (DC 12;
                        Source: SpellsF-G.rtf), Inflict Minor Wounds (DC 12; Source:
                        SpellsH-L.rtf), Light (DC 12; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf), Mending (DC
                        12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Purify Food and Drink (DC 12; Source:
                        SpellsP-R.rtf), Read Magic (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                        Resistance (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Virtue (DC 12; Source:
                        SpellsT-Z.rtf),

                        Level 1
                        Animate Rope (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Bane (DC 13; Source:
                        SpellsA-B.rtf), Bless (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Bless Water
                        (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Cause Fear (DC 13; Source:
                        SpellsC.rtf), Command (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Comprehend
                        Languages (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf), Cure Light Wounds (DC 13;
                        Source: SpellsC.rtf), Curse Water (DC 13; Source: SpellsC.rtf),
                        Deathwatch (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Chaos (DC 13;
                        Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Evil (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                        Detect Good (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Law (DC 13;
                        Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Undead (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf),
                        Divine Favor (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Divine Favor (DC 13;
                        Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Doom (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Endure
                        Elements (DC 13; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Entropic Shield (DC 13;
                        Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Hide from Undead (DC 13; Source:
                        SpellsH-L.rtf), Inflict Light Wounds (DC 13; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf),
                        Magic Stone (DC 13; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Magic Weapon (DC 13;
                        Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Obscuring Mist (DC 13; Source:
                        SpellsM-O.rtf), Protection from Chaos (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                        Protection from Evil (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Protection from
                        Good (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Protection from Law (DC 13;
                        Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Remove Fear (DC 13; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf),
                        Sanctuary (DC 13; Source: SpellsS.rtf), Shield of Faith (DC 13;
                        Source: SpellsS.rtf), Summon Monster I (DC 13; Source: SpellsS.rtf),

                        Prepared Spells

                        Level 0
                        Detect Magic x1 (DC 12), Detect Poison x1 (DC 12), Inflict Minor
                        Wounds x1 (DC 12),

                        Level 1
                        Divine Favor x1 (DC 13), Doom x1 (DC 13), Endure Elements x1 (DC 13),

                        Psion Spells

                        Known Spells

                        Level 1
                        Attraction (DC 13; Source: PsionicPowersA-C.rtf), Call to Mind (DC
                        13; Source: PsionicPowersA-C.rtf), Crystal Shard (DC 13; Source:
                        PsionicPowersA-C.rtf),

                        Wizard Spells

                        Known Spells

                        Level 0
                        Acid Splash (DC 12; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Arcane Mark (DC 12;
                        Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Dancing Lights (DC 12; Source:
                        SpellsD-E.rtf), Daze (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Magic
                        (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Detect Poison (DC 12; Source:
                        SpellsD-E.rtf), Disrupt Undead (DC 12; Source: SpellsD-E.rtf), Flare
                        (DC 12; Source: SpellsF-G.rtf), Ghost Sound (DC 13; Source:
                        SpellsF-G.rtf), Light (DC 12; Source: SpellsH-L.rtf), Mage Hand (DC
                        12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Mending (DC 12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf),
                        Message (DC 12; Source: SpellsM-O.rtf), Open/Close (DC 12; Source:
                        SpellsM-O.rtf), Prestidigitation (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Ray
                        of Frost (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Read Magic (DC 12; Source:
                        SpellsP-R.rtf), Resistance (DC 12; Source: SpellsP-R.rtf), Touch of
                        Fatigue (DC 12; Source: SpellsT-Z.rtf),

                        Level 1
                        Alarm (DC 13; Source: SpellsA-B.rtf), Animate Rope (DC 13; Source:
                        SpellsA-B.rtf),

                        Prepared Spells

                        Level 0
                        Acid Splash x3 (DC 12),

                        Level 1
                        Alarm x1 (DC 13), Animate Rope x1 (DC 13),

                        Like I said, I'm still playing with it, but I hope it's helpful.
                      • Nathan B Hinckley
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 12, 2006
                          Same as before...