Re: [pcgen] [Feat Req] Skill point freedom

  • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
      > There is such a setting but that is not what is being
      > requested here I think. The problem is that the max
      > ranks feature stops when you run out of skill points
      > for a given level. So if you are creating a high
      > level character and you want to specify max ranks in a
      > number of skills you may have to hit max ranks
      > numerous times. For example if you have 6 skill
      > points per level and your max ranks is 10 when you hit
      > max ranks it will set it to 6 since you will have no
      > points at that level. You would then have to hit it
      > againt to get the other 4 ranks.

      Right, that's what I thought we had a preference for when we started enforcing skill points per level. It was supposed to be part of the same implementation. This in addition to the 'Ignore Max skill ranks' preference.

      > The work around is to use the hot keys to add a rank
      > (CRTL-+ i believe) which doesn't stop at each level.

      Interesting.

      Tir Gwaith
      LST Chimp
    • tcowan20
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, thoron-tir-gwaith@... wrote:

        > > There is such a setting but that is not what is being
        > > requested here I think. The problem is that the max
        > > ranks feature stops when you run out of skill points
        > > for a given level. So if you are creating a high
        > > level character and you want to specify max ranks in a
        > > number of skills you may have to hit max ranks
        > > numerous times. For example if you have 6 skill
        > > points per level and your max ranks is 10 when you hit
        > > max ranks it will set it to 6 since you will have no
        > > points at that level. You would then have to hit it
        > > againt to get the other 4 ranks.
        >
        > Right, that's what I thought we had a preference for when we
        started enforcing skill points per level. It was supposed to be part
        of the same implementation. This in addition to the 'Ignore Max
        skill ranks' preference.

        > > The work around is to use the hot keys to add a rank
        > > (CRTL-+ i believe) which doesn't stop at each level.
        >
        > Interesting.
        >
        > Tir Gwaith
        > LST Chimp

        Hmm, would an ADD 4 points from 1st level pool and 1 point per level
        to max level be better? maybe add a no nonclass skills fillter to
        it?