Re: [pcgen] Re: New stat block format output woes

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
      --- Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "fieari" <fieari@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > I've been trying to create an output template for
      > the new stat block
      > > format. I've hit a wall, unfortunately, in that
      > the new stat block
      > > format splits up the "special abilities" by type
      > of ability (Auras go
      > > in a seperate place, and I like to put
      > darkvision/blindsight/etc next
      > > to the Spot/Listen entries since it fits there
      > better)... but I can't
      > > quite see how to split these things off from the
      > generic "special
      > > abilities" token. Is there a way, or will I have
      > to wait for a new
      > > version of PCGen to include better internal
      > sorting of abilities?
      > >

      > This will not be possible until the abilities object
      > is done. Right
      > now all the "SA" tags hold things that are SA, SQ,
      > etc. So they all
      > look the same to the problem. The abilities object
      > will allow
      > different types to be applied to each, which will
      > then allow them to
      > be sorted at output. As far as I know, this is
      > slated for 6.0.

      That is not quite true. The base SRD data will not be
      converted until the Abilities object is done.
      However, if one were so inclined, you could MOD the
      objects you care about to CLEAR the SA and instead add
      a hidden feat. This hidden feat could have the
      correct type and be output in the correct place on the
      OS.

      I have implemented this locally and it does work.

      -Aaron

      http://mail.yahoo.com