New stat block format output woes

  • fieari
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2006
      I've been trying to create an output template for the new stat block
      format. I've hit a wall, unfortunately, in that the new stat block
      format splits up the "special abilities" by type of ability (Auras go
      in a seperate place, and I like to put darkvision/blindsight/etc next
      to the Spot/Listen entries since it fits there better)... but I can't
      quite see how to split these things off from the generic "special
      abilities" token. Is there a way, or will I have to wait for a new
      version of PCGen to include better internal sorting of abilities?
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 29, 2006
        One of our code monkeys was working on getting the new stat block usable. Haven't heard how this is going.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Chuck Pint
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "fieari" <fieari@...> wrote:

          > I've been trying to create an output template for the new stat block
          > format. I've hit a wall, unfortunately, in that the new stat block
          > format splits up the "special abilities" by type of ability (Auras go
          > in a seperate place, and I like to put darkvision/blindsight/etc next
          > to the Spot/Listen entries since it fits there better)... but I can't
          > quite see how to split these things off from the generic "special
          > abilities" token. Is there a way, or will I have to wait for a new
          > version of PCGen to include better internal sorting of abilities?

          This will not be possible until the abilities object is done. Right
          now all the "SA" tags hold things that are SA, SQ, etc. So they all
          look the same to the problem. The abilities object will allow
          different types to be applied to each, which will then allow them to
          be sorted at output. As far as I know, this is slated for 6.0.

          Chuck
          OS Chimp
        • boomer70
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006
            --- Chuck Pint <pcgen2006@...> wrote:

            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "fieari" <fieari@...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > I've been trying to create an output template for
            > the new stat block
            > > format. I've hit a wall, unfortunately, in that
            > the new stat block
            > > format splits up the "special abilities" by type
            > of ability (Auras go
            > > in a seperate place, and I like to put
            > darkvision/blindsight/etc next
            > > to the Spot/Listen entries since it fits there
            > better)... but I can't
            > > quite see how to split these things off from the
            > generic "special
            > > abilities" token. Is there a way, or will I have
            > to wait for a new
            > > version of PCGen to include better internal
            > sorting of abilities?
            > >

            > This will not be possible until the abilities object
            > is done. Right
            > now all the "SA" tags hold things that are SA, SQ,
            > etc. So they all
            > look the same to the problem. The abilities object
            > will allow
            > different types to be applied to each, which will
            > then allow them to
            > be sorted at output. As far as I know, this is
            > slated for 6.0.

            That is not quite true. The base SRD data will not be
            converted until the Abilities object is done.
            However, if one were so inclined, you could MOD the
            objects you care about to CLEAR the SA and instead add
            a hidden feat. This hidden feat could have the
            correct type and be output in the correct place on the
            OS.

            I have implemented this locally and it does work.

            -Aaron

            http://mail.yahoo.com