General tutorials?

  • gundato
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27 8:09 PM
      Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this (or if it was already
      answered in the wiki), but I can't think of anywhere else. I took a
      gander at the wiki, and I think the link to this information is either
      broken or hidden (I would like to suggest splitting the info up onto
      more pages, the anchors tend to get confusing).

      I recently began to use eTools and love it, but beyond 3e/3.5e it is
      useless. I have been looking into PCGen, and aside from loading much
      faster (and being effectively free) it seems a lot more powerful.
      Also, it seems to come with support for d20 (which is a big plus).

      I was lookin around and apparently it is also easier to add in classes
      and what not myself. Are there any tutorials or documentation on how I
      would go about doing this? The group I GM for were raised on CRPGs
      that use D&D, so the manual rolling of stats and selection of
      languages tend to get confusing for them, and I will take any aide I
      can get, but I can't use PCGen if I can't add in house rules and the like.
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28 5:26 AM
        > I was lookin around and apparently it is also easier to add in
        > classes and what not myself. Are there any tutorials or
        > documentation on how I would go about doing this?

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • Edwin Holley
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28 3:21 PM
          If you used the Windows installer, you can also use the help files at
          <Start><Programs><PCGEN 5100><Manual>. This is of course a local copy, and
          might not be the most up to date.

          _____

          > I was lookin around and apparently it is also easier to add in
          > classes and what not myself. Are there any tutorials or
          > documentation on how I would go about doing this?

          Its in the documentation that comes with the program. There are several Lst
          classes (11 at last count...I think). If you have any other questions, you
          can wander over to http://groups.
          yahoo.com/group/pcgenlistfilehelp and as your lst questions.

          Paul W. King
          PR SB, BoD

          _<SNIP>