[BUG][5.10] Various bugs found in 5.10.1rc1

  • Thomas Jannes
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2006
      Setup:
      Windows XP SP2 with all current patches
      Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-b05)
      First discovered with 5.10.rc1 and some Homebrew
      Later retried and confirmed with Production Autobuild of 2006-06-27
      and only Complete RSRD loaded

      1. Critical in my opinion, as it breaks *every* character with Tumble
      As soon as you try to add one lvl of Tumble, the debug window spills
      ava.lang.StackOverflowError
      at java.lang.String.toUpperCase(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.String.toUpperCase(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.core.bonus.BonusObj.getBonusInfo(BonusObj.java:102)
      at
      pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14216)
      at
      pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14229)
      at
      pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14229)
      at
      pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14229)
      It is impossible to load a character with Tumble

      2. OUTPUTNAME not working in Templates
      Example: level a Druid high enough to be able to Wild Shape into
      Black Bear. The Template is:
      Wild Shape (Bear (Black)) OUTPUTNAME:Wild Shape
      (Black Bear)
      But it outputs Wild Shape (Bear (Black)) anyway

      3. DC for spells added by equipment through SPELLS: not correct, set
      to 10
      Example: add a Hand of Glory to any character. It is supposed to be
      DC 13 as in
      SPELLS:Hand of Glory|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=9|Daylight,13|See
      Invisibility,13

      The output DC is 10 though

      Thomas/Chipoulou
    • Thomas Jannes
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 28, 2006
        All 3 still present in 5.10.1rc2
        Maybe I posted them just a few days too late :-(

        Thomas/Chipoulou

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Jannes" <tjannes@...> wrote:

        > Setup:
        > Windows XP SP2 with all current patches
        > Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_06-
        b05)
        > First discovered with 5.10.rc1 and some Homebrew
        > Later retried and confirmed with Production Autobuild of 2006-06-27
        > and only Complete RSRD loaded
        >
        > 1. Critical in my opinion, as it breaks *every* character with
        Tumble
        > As soon as you try to add one lvl of Tumble, the debug window
        spills
        > ava.lang.StackOverflowError
        > at java.lang.String.toUpperCase(Unknown Source)
        > at java.lang.String.toUpperCase(Unknown Source)
        > at pcgen.core.bonus.BonusObj.getBonusInfo(BonusObj.java:102)
        > at
        > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14216)
        > at
        > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14229)
        > at
        > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14229)
        > at
        > pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14229)
        > It is impossible to load a character with Tumble
        >
        > 2. OUTPUTNAME not working in Templates
        > Example: level a Druid high enough to be able to Wild Shape into
        > Black Bear. The Template is:
        > Wild Shape (Bear (Black)) OUTPUTNAME:Wild Shape
        > (Black Bear)
        > But it outputs Wild Shape (Bear (Black)) anyway
        >
        > 3. DC for spells added by equipment through SPELLS: not correct,
        set
        > to 10
        > Example: add a Hand of Glory to any character. It is supposed to be
        > DC 13 as in
        > SPELLS:Hand of Glory|TIMES=1|CASTERLEVEL=9|Daylight,13|See
        > Invisibility,13
        >
        > The output DC is 10 though
        >
        > Thomas/Chipoulou

      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 29, 2006
          Hi all,

          Sorry in Netherlands for a funeral, so have not been able to catch up
          (and still can't), Devon/James can you confirm these 3? They should
          really be fixed for 5.10.1

        • Paul W. King
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2006