0 spells for 0 level

  • Christian Holton
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2006
      So I'm converting an old character to PCGen, and I'm having difficulty
      learning spells. Whenever I try to pick a spell, it says "You can only
      learn 0 spells from 0 level" for cantrips and level 1 and 2 spells (level 5
      Sorc). I bought a spell book and equipped it, but I get the same message
      when I try to copy spells into my book. Am I missing something?

      Also, our house rules state that you "know" all available spells per level,
      but still need to follow spells per day. Will the system allow me to add
      all my spells to a spell book or known spells?

      Thanks a lot!

      -Christian

    • Susan Dittmar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2006
        Hello Christian,

        > Whenever I try to pick a spell, it says "You can only
        > learn 0 spells from 0 level" for cantrips and level 1 and 2 spells (level 5
        > Sorc). I bought a spell book and equipped it, but I get the same message
        > when I try to copy spells into my book. Am I missing something?

        Somehow I do not know what you try to accomplish. If you play a sorcerer,
        why bother with spellbooks? That's the wizard kind of thing, and unless he
        takes the Scribe Scroll feat, I (as DM) would not allow a sorcerer to write
        spells down.

        Susan
      • E R

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2006
            You might want to check the sorcerer's charisma. It needs to be at
            least 10 for a sorcerer to get any spells at all (at least 12 if you
            want those 2nd-level spells). And also, like others have said,
            sorcerers don't use spellbooks.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Holton" <antichristian76@...>