House rules customization

  • Christian Holton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
      I have a quick question! How can I set it up so 3.5e players can
      wear/utilize up to five rings instead of only 2? It's one of the
      house rules my campaign uses.

      If this is just a way basic n00b question and I, being of relatively
      adequate intelligence, should be able to do it, please tell me to fark
      off and figure it out meself.

      Thanks!
    • Jerry Hill
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
        On 6/22/06, Christian Holton <antichristian76@...> wrote:
        > I have a quick question! How can I set it up so 3.5e players can
        > wear/utilize up to five rings instead of only 2? It's one of the
        > house rules my campaign uses.

        This is controlled by the Game Mode you're using. Take a look at the
        file pcgen/system/gameModes/35e/equipmentslots.lst, particularly the
        line that looks like:
        EQSLOT:Fingers CONTAINS:Ring=2 NUMBER:TORSO

        If you change Ring=2 to Ring=5, you'll be able to equip 5 rings
        instead of 2 (once you restart pcgen). There might be a better way to
        do this (maybe by copying the 35 game mode and creating your own
        custom one?), but that quick edit seems to work.

        --
        Jerry
      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 22, 2006
          That's a simple one, go here:

          PCGen5101rc1\system\gameModes\35e\equipmentslots.lst

          Open the file and you will find a line:

          EQSLOT:Fingers CONTAINS:Ring=2 NUMBER:TORSO
          ^
          Change this number to 5

          Then save this note in your GM files so you know that you did it.

          Now someone can come along and tell you all the nasty stuff that will
          happen.

          What does all of this other garbage mean:

          PCGen5101rc1\docs\navlistindex.html

          Terry

          On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:26:42 -0000, you wrote:

          >I have a quick question! How can I set it up so 3.5e players can
          >wear/utilize up to five rings instead of only 2? It's one of the
          >house rules my campaign uses.
          >
          >If this is just a way basic n00b question and I, being of relatively
          >adequate intelligence, should be able to do it, please tell me to fark
          >off and figure it out meself.
          >
          >Thanks!
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 30, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Christian Holton" <antichristian76@...>
            wrote:

            > I have a quick question! How can I set it up so 3.5e players can
            > wear/utilize up to five rings instead of only 2? It's one of the
            > house rules my campaign uses.
            >
            > If this is just a way basic n00b question and I, being of relatively
            > adequate intelligence, should be able to do it, please tell me to fark
            > off and figure it out meself.
            >
            > Thanks!

            Several of the DM's I play with allow two amulet slots (one amulet and
            one necklace). I created a feat with COST:0 and BONUS:SLOT|AMULET|1
            that everone takes. Did this rather than change the gamemode as not
            all of the DM's I play with allow it.
          • Paul Grosse
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2006
              This could also be done with a Kit that applys a template or just a
              plain template.

              Paul Grosse
              Motorized Chassis Engineer
              Monaco Coach Corp.