Re: Full page PCGen ad

  • taluroniscandar
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
      Unless you have permission from the publishers to post their names you
      might want to consider putting in the standard trade mark disclaimer.

    • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
        > Unless you have permission from the publishers to post their names you
        > might want to consider putting in the standard trade mark disclaimer.

        More than that: we have to have permission from them, or we violate the OGL (Sec. 11)

        Tir Gwaith
        LST Chimp
      • Edwin Holley
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
          Do I have permission to post this at my local gaming store? It looks great.

          I've revised the ad, here's the next (hopefully final) draft, same link:

          http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/banners/Silven_Ad.pdf
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)

          PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
          PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/
          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
            Edwin Holley scribed:

            > Do I have permission to post this at my local gaming store? It looks great.

            Tir pointed out that permission needs to be given by the publishers before
            they can be mentioned in an ad, I'm reworking it now to give a 'feature
            list' rather than a publisher list.

            Once that is done I have no problem with any use of it which serves to
            promote the project, posting at gaming stores is a wonderful idea.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          • Edwin Holley
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
              Good, can't wait for the finished product. Replied before I read all the
              posts. Gotten myself in trouble more than once for that :-).

              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                Edwin Holley scribed:

                > Good, can't wait for the finished product.

                I've put it in the files section, Sourceforge isn't letting me log into the
                homepage at the moment. This revision removes all references to specific
                publishers with the exception of Silven Publishing (since this is their
                magazine this shouldn't be a problem). What we have now is a feature list
                and I think this is actually better as far as promotion goes.

                Writing is not my strong suite so any suggestions for improving the language
                are welcome.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              • Eddy Anthony
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                  Sourceforge finally let me in, revised ad is at the same link:

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 4, 2006
                    I was unable to get it to load. Am I doing something weird?

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 4, 2006
                      Cool, I got it from yahoo groups. I will get it printed, and see if my game
                      shop will post it. Think they will, they are very big into d20.