Re: [pcgen] Full page PCGen ad

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
      I've revised the ad, here's the next (hopefully final) draft, same link:

      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/banners/Silven_Ad.pdf
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Michael Beaver
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
        Nice job Eddy!

        Beaver
        On Jun 2, 2006, at 4:52 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:

        > I've revised the ad, here's the next (hopefully final) draft, same
        > link:
        >
        > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/banners/Silven_Ad.pdf
        > --
        > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        > ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp

        > ~-->
        > Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy
        > technology. It's free.
        > http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/7tRolB/TM

      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
          Unless you have permission from the publishers to post their names you
          might want to consider putting in the standard trade mark disclaimer.

        • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
            > Unless you have permission from the publishers to post their names you
            > might want to consider putting in the standard trade mark disclaimer.

            More than that: we have to have permission from them, or we violate the OGL (Sec. 11)

            Tir Gwaith
            LST Chimp
          • Edwin Holley
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
              Do I have permission to post this at my local gaming store? It looks great.

              I've revised the ad, here's the next (hopefully final) draft, same link:

              http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/banners/Silven_Ad.pdf
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)

              PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
              PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/
              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Eddy Anthony
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                Edwin Holley scribed:

                > Do I have permission to post this at my local gaming store? It looks great.

                Tir pointed out that permission needs to be given by the publishers before
                they can be mentioned in an ad, I'm reworking it now to give a 'feature
                list' rather than a publisher list.

                Once that is done I have no problem with any use of it which serves to
                promote the project, posting at gaming stores is a wonderful idea.
                --
                ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              • Edwin Holley
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                  Good, can't wait for the finished product. Replied before I read all the
                  posts. Gotten myself in trouble more than once for that :-).

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                    Edwin Holley scribed:

                    > Good, can't wait for the finished product.

                    I've put it in the files section, Sourceforge isn't letting me log into the
                    homepage at the moment. This revision removes all references to specific
                    publishers with the exception of Silven Publishing (since this is their
                    magazine this shouldn't be a problem). What we have now is a feature list
                    and I think this is actually better as far as promotion goes.

                    Writing is not my strong suite so any suggestions for improving the language
                    are welcome.
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                  • Eddy Anthony
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                      Sourceforge finally let me in, revised ad is at the same link:

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 4, 2006
                        I was unable to get it to load. Am I doing something weird?

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 4, 2006
                          Cool, I got it from yahoo groups. I will get it printed, and see if my game
                          shop will post it. Think they will, they are very big into d20.