Error opening characters

  • Zevious
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Just updated my Windows XP SP2 computer at work to use PCGen 5.10.1rc1.
      Unzipped the Full and Alpha files into a clean folder and then copied my
      custom data folder over to the clean folder. The custom data loads fine as
      it always has (including some problems from the default PCGen files - I'll
      post a separate data bug on those). Since this is a new install, I normally
      load the characters one at a time in order to see what new errors I have to
      deal with. This time, I get the following in the Debug console when I click
      on the character name in the Open screen. Clicking on the Open button does
      not do anything and I have to cancel the Open dialogue in order to get back
      to PCGen.

      Exception occurred during event dispatching:
      java.lang.StackOverflowError
      at java.lang.String.toUpperCase(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.String.toUpperCase(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.core.bonus.BonusObj.getBonusInfo(BonusObj.java:102)
      at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14212)
      at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.processBonus(PlayerCharacter.java:14225) --
      This line is repeated a few hundred times.

      Any help on this?

      Zev