Re: [pcgen] [OS FREQ] Replace "Points" line with Species Type

  • Terry FitzSimons
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 2, 2006
      So far the three games that I have been in have used point-by systems.

      Terry

      --

      Terry FitzSimons
      FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

      Data Lemur, Docs Lemur
    • Kevin Brown
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 5, 2006
        >>> At least 2 of us. I certainly find it useful, both for policing
        >>> the PCs and for creating my own NPCs.
        >> I think quite a few of us use this. I know I do, as do all the
        >> other role-players I'm currently in contact with (at least 4
        >> different groups of 4 to 8 people each).
        >
        > Just understand that you do not represent 100% of the populatio or
        > even the majority. Every group I ever interacted with in over 23
        > years or PRing nover used the point buy system. We all prefer the
        > variety of seeing how our luck fairs when generating a character, or
        > simply having the convienience of simply converting an older edition
        > AD&D character straight into the game - 18(95) strength and all
        > (which btw converts to a 22 in 3rd edition).

        Even for non-point buy players it can serve a purpose. Such as seeing
        how many times one has rolled to get the current character or how many
        points they have tweaked around on the character after the roll. Etools
        that came with the 3rd Ed Player's Handbook did this.
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 6, 2006
          > Even for non-point buy players it can serve a purpose. Such as seeing
          > how many times one has rolled to get the current character or how many
          > points they have tweaked around on the character after the roll.
          Etools
          > that came with the 3rd Ed Player's Handbook did this.

          We don't use point buy and all I ever see there is "-1" or "0".
          It doesn't show me how many points I've tweaked that I've ever seen.
          [search] Nope just looked at several pdf's and they all show -1 or 0,
          mostly 0.
          Are you saying to add this as a feature?