Re: [pcgen] Re: [OS FREQ] Replace "Points" line with Species Type

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 2, 2006
      We really don't need to argue about this, should be able to accommodate
      everyone. I'm seeing several trackers here:

      Code - GUI: Disable the display of points used when no point buy system was
      used to create the character.

      Code - OS Token: We need some method to determine if a point-buy method is
      used to control the output of that info. Suggestion:

      IIF(HASPOINTBUY:YES)

      OS: Once we have a token in place adjust the sheets accordingly.

      Not related but mentioned in this thread is the display of race type and
      subtypes. Thanks to Aaron this feature is now supported and all the races in
      the RSRD and MSRD have been updated with this info, we now just need to
      update to display this info where appropriate.

      Code - GUI: Display Creature type and subtypes in the race info pane on the
      race tab and the race pane of the summary tab (if this is not already
      there).

      OS: Update the OS's to display race type and subtypes.

      Comments please, if no objections surface I'll enter these later this
      evening.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 2, 2006
        So far the three games that I have been in have used point-by systems.

        Terry

        --

        Terry FitzSimons
        FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

        Data Lemur, Docs Lemur
      • Kevin Brown
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 5, 2006
          >>> At least 2 of us. I certainly find it useful, both for policing
          >>> the PCs and for creating my own NPCs.
          >> I think quite a few of us use this. I know I do, as do all the
          >> other role-players I'm currently in contact with (at least 4
          >> different groups of 4 to 8 people each).
          >
          > Just understand that you do not represent 100% of the populatio or
          > even the majority. Every group I ever interacted with in over 23
          > years or PRing nover used the point buy system. We all prefer the
          > variety of seeing how our luck fairs when generating a character, or
          > simply having the convienience of simply converting an older edition
          > AD&D character straight into the game - 18(95) strength and all
          > (which btw converts to a 22 in 3rd edition).

          Even for non-point buy players it can serve a purpose. Such as seeing
          how many times one has rolled to get the current character or how many
          points they have tweaked around on the character after the roll. Etools
          that came with the 3rd Ed Player's Handbook did this.
        • taluroniscandar
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 6, 2006
            > Even for non-point buy players it can serve a purpose. Such as seeing
            > how many times one has rolled to get the current character or how many
            > points they have tweaked around on the character after the roll.
            Etools
            > that came with the 3rd Ed Player's Handbook did this.

            We don't use point buy and all I ever see there is "-1" or "0".
            It doesn't show me how many points I've tweaked that I've ever seen.
            [search] Nope just looked at several pdf's and they all show -1 or 0,
            mostly 0.
            Are you saying to add this as a feature?