Re: [pcgen] Full page PCGen ad

  • Brass Tilde
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
      > Also, I didn't see Silven listed in the supported Campaign Settings or
      > Game Systems. Since it is their publication, shouldn't whatever
      > datasets PCGen has for them be mentioned?

      That was my very first thought upon reading this.

      Otherwise, I thought it was very good, even with the mention of
      not-quite-ready-for-prime-time data sources.

      /bs
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
        On 6/2/06 10:05 AM, "Brass Tilde" <brasstilde@...> wrote:

        >> Also, I didn't see Silven listed in the supported Campaign Settings or
        >> Game Systems. Since it is their publication, shouldn't whatever
        >> datasets PCGen has for them be mentioned?
        >
        > That was my very first thought upon reading this.

        Well the one set we have from them now is a supplement, not a setting or
        game system. I thought the most appropriate thing to do would be to have a
        paragraph acknowledging them as our sponsor and thanking them for their
        support, we could mention the Silven set there.

        > Otherwise, I thought it was very good, even with the mention of
        > not-quite-ready-for-prime-time data sources.

        Thank you.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • Brass Tilde
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
          > Well the one set we have from them now is a supplement, not a setting
          > or
          > game system.

          Maybe a line somewhere about "also with support for products from..."
          and mentioning the various companies, with Silven listed prominently.

          > I thought the most appropriate thing to do would be to have a
          > paragraph acknowledging them as our sponsor and thanking them
          > for their support, we could mention the Silven set there.

          That would be good, too.
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
            I've revised the ad, here's the next (hopefully final) draft, same link:

            http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/banners/Silven_Ad.pdf
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          • Michael Beaver
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 2, 2006
              Nice job Eddy!

              Beaver
              On Jun 2, 2006, at 4:52 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:

              > I've revised the ad, here's the next (hopefully final) draft, same
              > link:
              >
              > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/banners/Silven_Ad.pdf
              > --
              > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              > ~ PCGen BoD, Data Content Second, Doc Chimp

              > ~-->
              > Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy
              > technology. It's free.
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/7tRolB/TM

            • taluroniscandar
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                Unless you have permission from the publishers to post their names you
                might want to consider putting in the standard trade mark disclaimer.

              • thoron-tir-gwaith@lycos.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                  > Unless you have permission from the publishers to post their names you
                  > might want to consider putting in the standard trade mark disclaimer.

                  More than that: we have to have permission from them, or we violate the OGL (Sec. 11)

                  Tir Gwaith
                  LST Chimp
                • Edwin Holley
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                    Do I have permission to post this at my local gaming store? It looks great.

                    I've revised the ad, here's the next (hopefully final) draft, same link:

                    http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/banners/Silven_Ad.pdf
                    --
                    ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)

                    PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
                    PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/
                    Yahoo! Groups Links
                  • Eddy Anthony
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                      Edwin Holley scribed:

                      > Do I have permission to post this at my local gaming store? It looks great.

                      Tir pointed out that permission needs to be given by the publishers before
                      they can be mentioned in an ad, I'm reworking it now to give a 'feature
                      list' rather than a publisher list.

                      Once that is done I have no problem with any use of it which serves to
                      promote the project, posting at gaming stores is a wonderful idea.
                      --
                      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                    • Edwin Holley
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                        Good, can't wait for the finished product. Replied before I read all the
                        posts. Gotten myself in trouble more than once for that :-).

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                          Edwin Holley scribed:

                          > Good, can't wait for the finished product.

                          I've put it in the files section, Sourceforge isn't letting me log into the
                          homepage at the moment. This revision removes all references to specific
                          publishers with the exception of Silven Publishing (since this is their
                          magazine this shouldn't be a problem). What we have now is a feature list
                          and I think this is actually better as far as promotion goes.

                          Writing is not my strong suite so any suggestions for improving the language
                          are welcome.
                          --
                          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                        • Eddy Anthony
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 3, 2006
                            Sourceforge finally let me in, revised ad is at the same link:

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 4, 2006
                              I was unable to get it to load. Am I doing something weird?

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 4, 2006
                                Cool, I got it from yahoo groups. I will get it printed, and see if my game
                                shop will post it. Think they will, they are very big into d20.