adding a familiar

  • bblackmoor
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2006
      How does one add a familiar to a character in PCGen 5.10.0? I seem to
      recall being able to do this in a previous version, but I do not see a
      way to do so now.

      Assuming that it is possible to do this, does PCGen automatically
      apply the correct virtual feats granted by the familiar (Alertness, +3
      to Move Silently if the familiar is a cat, and so forth)?

      Thank you.

      --
      bblackmoor@...
      2006-06-02
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
        > How does one add a familiar to a character in PCGen 5.10.0?

        Under the Inventory -> Resources sub-tab

        > Assuming that it is possible to do this, does PCGen automatically
        > apply the correct virtual feats granted by the familiar (Alertness, +3
        > to Move Silently if the familiar is a cat, and so forth)?

        I gave a Wiz 1 a cat. I got Alertness as a virtual feat and move
        silently got the +3 bonus.

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • bblackmoor
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
          "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:

          >> How does one add a familiar to a character in PCGen 5.10.0?
          >
          > Under the Inventory -> Resources sub-tab

          Ah! Thank you very much.

          I am sure this would be way, way down the list of things-to-do, but
          perhaps when a character gains the special ability "Summon Familiar",
          there could be a popup telling the user where to go in the application
          to add a familiar to the character?

          --
          blackmoor@...
          2006-06-02
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
            On Friday 02 June 2006 09:28, bblackmoor wrote:
            > "Paul W. King" <paulking.rhochi@...> wrote:
            > >> How does one add a familiar to a character in PCGen 5.10.0?
            > >
            > > Under the Inventory -> Resources sub-tab
            >
            > Ah! Thank you very much.
            >
            > I am sure this would be way, way down the list of things-to-do, but
            > perhaps when a character gains the special ability "Summon Familiar",
            > there could be a popup telling the user where to go in the application
            > to add a familiar to the character?

            Perhaps a tip instead?
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
              [ 1499622 ] Tip: Where to find familiars
              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
              func=detail&aid=1499622&group_id=25576&atid=384722

              Paul W. King
              PR SB, BoD
            • boomer70
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 2, 2006
                --- Darin McBride <dmcbride@...> wrote:

                > PCGen 5.10.0?
                > > >
                > > > Under the Inventory -> Resources sub-tab
                > >
                > > Ah! Thank you very much.
                > >
                > > I am sure this would be way, way down the list of
                > things-to-do, but
                > > perhaps when a character gains the special
                > ability "Summon Familiar",
                > > there could be a popup telling the user where to
                > go in the application
                > > to add a familiar to the character?
                >
                > Perhaps a tip instead?

                Well if its not there already we could add it to the
                Todo list on the summary page.

                -Aaron

                http://mail.yahoo.com