Re: Divine Rank templates question

  • musicguerilla
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      Dunno if this got lost in the latest slew of questions lol

      Anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong?

      Thanks, Bri

      p.s. that should be DESERVE the award, not past tense ; )

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:

      > how do you progress in divine ranks without incurring more feats
      > than what you need?
      >
      > i have 5.10.0 stable release, win installer with the current java.
      >
      > here's what's happening:
      >
      > during our campaign we have progressed in divine ranks from 0 thru
      > (so far) 4.
      >
      > as i progress thru the ranks i have to remove the divine rank
      > template and then add it again with the appropriate divine rank.
      > however this appears to add the previous ranks as well, rather than
      > progressing one step which is what i need to do. because of this it
      > gives me more saliant abilities equal to the new rank, but also
      > include the previous ranks again, so i would have _several_ extra
      > abilities rather than just the new one(s) for the new divine rank.
      >
      > am i missing something on how to add templates? I'm not sure if this
      > is a Lst group question so i am putting this query here in the
      > general forum.
      >
      > thanks guys! awesome product and you deserved the award :)
      >
      > Bri

    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        Hi musicguerilla

        You've run into a limitation in the way this feature is coded, it works
        fine as long as you only add the Divine Rank once but if you remove it and
        read it you get the problem you are describing.

        This configuration is not intended to be the final form this feature
        will take, in fact we had not intended this to be left this way for the 5.10
        release but the code work we were waiting on to implement something better
        did not make it into 5.10.

        We're waiting to use the Ability Object to code these, once that code
        work is in we will overhaul this feature so that you will be able to choose
        your Salient Divine Abilities in a tab similar to the way you choose feats,
        the ranks will then just set the pool for the abilities instead popping a
        chooser.

        Until then you could edit you character file with a text editor to
        remove the extra abillities (make a backup first, it's easy to frag a
        character this way), I know it's not a great solution but it can get you by.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)

        On 6/1/06 3:23 AM, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:

        > Dunno if this got lost in the latest slew of questions lol
        >
        > Anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong?
        >
        > Thanks, Bri
        >
        > p.s. that should be DESERVE the award, not past tense ; )
        >

        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> how do you progress in divine ranks without incurring more feats
        >> than what you need?
        >>
        >> i have 5.10.0 stable release, win installer with the current java.
        >>
        >> here's what's happening:
        >>
        >> during our campaign we have progressed in divine ranks from 0 thru
        >> (so far) 4.
        >>
        >> as i progress thru the ranks i have to remove the divine rank
        >> template and then add it again with the appropriate divine rank.
        >> however this appears to add the previous ranks as well, rather than
        >> progressing one step which is what i need to do. because of this it
        >> gives me more saliant abilities equal to the new rank, but also
        >> include the previous ranks again, so i would have _several_ extra
        >> abilities rather than just the new one(s) for the new divine rank.
        >>
        >> am i missing something on how to add templates? I'm not sure if this
        >> is a Lst group question so i am putting this query here in the
        >> general forum.
        >>
        >> thanks guys! awesome product and you deserved the award :)
        >>
        >> Bri
      • Brian
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
          Sounds good to me :)

          Thanks Eddy

          Bri

          You've run into a limitation in the way this feature is coded, it works
          fine as long as you only add the Divine Rank once but if you remove it and
          read it you get the problem you are describing.

          This configuration is not intended to be the final form this feature
          will take, in fact we had not intended this to be left this way for the 5.10
          release but the code work we were waiting on to implement something better
          did not make it into 5.10.

          We're waiting to use the Ability Object to code these, once that code
          work is in we will overhaul this feature so that you will be able to choose
          your Salient Divine Abilities in a tab similar to the way you choose feats,
          the ranks will then just set the pool for the abilities instead popping a
          chooser.

          Until then you could edit you character file with a text editor to
          remove the extra abillities (make a backup first, it's easy to frag a
          character this way), I know it's not a great solution but it can get you by.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)

          On 6/1/06 3:23 AM, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:

          > Dunno if this got lost in the latest slew of questions lol
          >
          > Anyone have an idea what i'm doing wrong?
          >
          > Thanks, Bri
          >
          > p.s. that should be DESERVE the award, not past tense ; )
          >

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> how do you progress in divine ranks without incurring more feats
          >> than what you need?
          >>
          >> i have 5.10.0 stable release, win installer with the current java.
          >>
          >> here's what's happening:
          >>
          >> during our campaign we have progressed in divine ranks from 0 thru
          >> (so far) 4.
          >>
          >> as i progress thru the ranks i have to remove the divine rank
          >> template and then add it again with the appropriate divine rank.
          >> however this appears to add the previous ranks as well, rather than
          >> progressing one step which is what i need to do. because of this it
          >> gives me more saliant abilities equal to the new rank, but also
          >> include the previous ranks again, so i would have _several_ extra
          >> abilities rather than just the new one(s) for the new divine rank.
          >>
          >> am i missing something on how to add templates? I'm not sure if this
          >> is a Lst group question so i am putting this query here in the
          >> general forum.
          >>
          >> thanks guys! awesome product and you deserved the award :)
          >>
          >> Bri

          PCGen's Wiki: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#Welcome
          PCGen's Online Docs: http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS