Re: 5.10.0 Data Bug? Hero's Feast. [Trackered]

  • terrier_70
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17, 2006
      Thanks Eddie.

      I didn't think association with the character was required for caster
      level when calculating temporary bonuses. Magic Fang, as an example,
      uses caster level as a choice which it then divides by 4 and adds as
      the bonus.

      The two choice solution would be more representative of game
      mechanics (like Magic Fang). The importance of this is up to you
      guys entirely.

      Realistically, selecting a number between 2 and 18 isn't hard and
      will do the job quite nicely. : )

      Thanks again.
      Ferg.

      > terrier_70 scribed:
      >
      > > Thanks Paul.
      > >
      > > If I'm reading your reply correctly, HF (as a temporary bonus)
      > > should indeed be up to 18, and ideally there should be the two
      > > criteria to select:
      > > Bonus from roll of 1d8
      > > Bonus from caster level /2 (to a max of +10)
      > >
      > > How do I go about raising this as a FREQ or appropriate request
      > > type?
      >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Ferg.
      >
      > You just did :-)
      >
      > One snag though, because the temp bonus can be applied to any PC
      > there is no caster associated with the spell when it is applied
      > this way. The best that can be done is to offer the choice of 2-18
      > and explain that it represents 1d8 + 1/2 the caster level (max 10)
      > which I see was your first suggestion
      >
      > Trackered:
      > [ 1490645 ] [RSRD] Heroes' Feast temp bonus wrong
      > <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
      func=detail&aid=1490645&group_id=2