NOT HAPPY !!! (Was: Re: [pcgen][bug] Willpower vs. Will - NOT working)

  • pkukwork
    Message 1 of 44 , May 4, 2006
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Brown" <kevin_brown@...> wrote:

      > And that is going to cause problems. If you really want to use the
      > Complete series, it is best to use the PHB/DMG/MM sets that are also
      > sold by CMP. If you don't, then lots of problems will have to be fixed
      > due to the difference in internal variables used by the datasets.

      So far, I have had a few problems, but not that many.

      Ah yes, another relatively annoying change that I just noticed: the
      scrolls. While I find it noit uninteresting that the type of scroll is
      mentioned in the name, that means that scrolls have started to
      disappear when you load characters. There is a warning, but it is
      still an annoyance.

      Wouldn't it be possible to have a converison table somewhere so that
      if something is not found, it is replaced by the new value and saved
      properly from then on ?

      Philippe
    • Derek J. Balling
      Message 44 of 44 , May 4, 2006
        On May 4, 2006, at 4:41 AM, pkukwork wrote:
        > Of course I'm mixing. Who is not ? I don't think many people run a
        > "purely SRD" campaign, and I think that most people use at least the
        > Complete Series from WotC in their campaign. At least this is what I
        > find when I speak to most people I know or on mailing lists...

        But if you're running the CMP files, you shouldn't ALSO be running
        the SRD files. You should be using the PHB/DMG/MM sets from CMP as
        well as whatever "addons" you're using.

        It's that mixing of SRD and non-SRD (and PHB/DMG/MM in this context
        are non-SRD as they're the CMP renditions of those books) that will
        always always be a pain/nightmare/bugfest.