Re: NOT HAPPY !!! (Was: Re: [pcgen][bug] Willpower vs. Will - NOT working)

  • Truth
    Message 1 of 44 , May 3, 2006
      On 5/4/06, Michael <java_kensai@...> wrote:

      > On May 3, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Frank Kliewe wrote:
      > I would think that the source documents -- in this case, the PHB, DMG
      > and MM, along with their errata -- would define the "standards". [If
      > WotC chooses to call one thing a "Sword (Short)" and another thing a
      > "Longsword", then those are the terms we should use regardless of the
      > fact that they don't follow the same syntax (and may thus be
      > unintuitive for someone who doesn't have the books).] The source
      > documents are relatively fixed and unchanging (aside from the errata).

      Actually in our case I believe this should be the SRD, RSRD, and MSRD.

      --
      Truth.
      There is no religion higher than the Truth.
      Message 44 of 44 , May 4, 2006
        On May 4, 2006, at 4:41 AM, pkukwork wrote:
        > Of course I'm mixing. Who is not ? I don't think many people run a
        > "purely SRD" campaign, and I think that most people use at least the
        > Complete Series from WotC in their campaign. At least this is what I
        > find when I speak to most people I know or on mailing lists...

        But if you're running the CMP files, you shouldn't ALSO be running
        the SRD files. You should be using the PHB/DMG/MM sets from CMP as
        well as whatever "addons" you're using.

        It's that mixing of SRD and non-SRD (and PHB/DMG/MM in this context
        are non-SRD as they're the CMP renditions of those books) that will
        always always be a pain/nightmare/bugfest.