Re: NOT HAPPY !!! (Was: Re: [pcgen][bug] Willpower vs. Will - NOT working)

  • barak@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 44 , May 3 12:35 PM
      ----Original Message----

      > I am using data sets that were bought from CMP. Now, to get PCGen to
      > work, I ned to go over all that data and change by hand all the
      > Willpower to WILL ?

      No, because save names are set by game mode, and to use CMP datasets
      you need to use CMP game modes and they have not been changed, so no
      issue, (on top of which, our sets are set up to run under 5.10 yet
      anyway).
      '
      > so far. Will someone have the courage to epxlain that kind of
      decision ?

      Becasue it should never have been Willpower in the first place. It
      was, and always has been Will in all the books (and the SRDs).

      > For me, it is really a very very big bug of the release.

      How can it be? Unless you're mixing CMP and PCGen OpenSource
      datasets, there shouldn't be a problem at all.

      Barak
    • Derek J. Balling
      Message 44 of 44 , May 4 8:20 AM
        On May 4, 2006, at 4:41 AM, pkukwork wrote:
        > Of course I'm mixing. Who is not ? I don't think many people run a
        > "purely SRD" campaign, and I think that most people use at least the
        > Complete Series from WotC in their campaign. At least this is what I
        > find when I speak to most people I know or on mailing lists...

        But if you're running the CMP files, you shouldn't ALSO be running
        the SRD files. You should be using the PHB/DMG/MM sets from CMP as
        well as whatever "addons" you're using.

        It's that mixing of SRD and non-SRD (and PHB/DMG/MM in this context
        are non-SRD as they're the CMP renditions of those books) that will
        always always be a pain/nightmare/bugfest.