Class Editor

  • shawnvw2001
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2006
      Can someone explain to me how to use the Class Editor? I want to make
      a custom class based on "Bloodline" but I can't figure out what to put
      in most of the fields.
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2006

        On 04/05/06, shawnvw2001 <shawnvw@...> wrote:
        > Can someone explain to me how to use the Class Editor? I want to make
        > a custom class based on "Bloodline" but I can't figure out what to put
        > in most of the fields.

        The simplest way to start is by copying an existing class that is
        close to what you need. There are a few gotchas like if it is a
        spellcasting class, then the cast as name has to be changed when you
        change the name of your class. However, you'll find that a lot of the
        fields don't need to be filled in as they cover special cases. So in
        the first instance if you don't understand it, just ignore it :)

        The doco at http://www.legolas.org/pcgen/docs/ (or from the Help menu
        in PCGen) should be a help too - the labels on the editor match the
        tags reasonably closely, so you can use the index for further info on
        what each label means. Otherwise we're happy to answer any questions!

        James Dempsey
        PCGen Code Gibbon
      • taluroniscandar
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4, 2006
          > > Can someone explain to me how to use the Class Editor? I want to make
          > > a custom class based on "Bloodline" but I can't figure out what to put
          > > in most of the fields.
          > >
          > The simplest way to start is by copying an existing class that is
          > close to what you need. There are a few gotchas like if it is a
          > spellcasting class, then the cast as name has to be changed when you
          > change the name of your class.

          If you copy a spell casting class be sure to add the SPELLLIST [ref,
          docs] tag to the new class or create a spell.lst file with .MOD's
          adding the class to the CLASSES tag.

          BTW, the CASTAS has been deprecated.