RE: NOT HAPPY !!! (Was: Re: [pcgen][bug] Willpower vs. Will - NOT working)

  • Benjamin Pew
    Message 1 of 44 , May 3 10:16 AM
      This solution might work for you, but I'm still running the same campaign I
      was before 3rd edition ever came out. So, your solution is for me not to use
      PCGen at all...

      And to be clear, I realize changes are sometimes necessary. I expect to go
      through a fair amount of work when upgrading from 5.8 to 5.10 (or whichever
      numbers apply at the time). But to need to do it for more or less random
      name changes, and when the only way you find out about those changes is when
      you try to open the character sheet, that's a bit of a problem.

      As far as changing to Potion (whatever) so they'll all sort together, isn't
      that why all the equipment has a type?
      Message 44 of 44 , May 4 8:20 AM
        On May 4, 2006, at 4:41 AM, pkukwork wrote:
        > Of course I'm mixing. Who is not ? I don't think many people run a
        > "purely SRD" campaign, and I think that most people use at least the
        > Complete Series from WotC in their campaign. At least this is what I
        > find when I speak to most people I know or on mailing lists...

        But if you're running the CMP files, you shouldn't ALSO be running
        the SRD files. You should be using the PHB/DMG/MM sets from CMP as
        well as whatever "addons" you're using.

        It's that mixing of SRD and non-SRD (and PHB/DMG/MM in this context
        are non-SRD as they're the CMP renditions of those books) that will
        always always be a pain/nightmare/bugfest.