Re: NOT HAPPY !!! (Was: Re: [pcgen][bug] Willpower vs. Will - NOT working)

  • Derek J. Balling
    Message 1 of 44 , May 3, 2006
      I seem to recall that when keys were added, that they were supposed
      to be "the magic bullet" to prevent *exactly* this type of complaint.
      Are you saying that the dev team went through all the effort to add
      the keys and then never even started referencing them?!?!

      Bozhe moi....

      On May 3, 2006, at 11:17 AM, karianna03 wrote:

      > Ah....... OK now I see (apologies to the original poster)
      >
      > OK, we've started a discussion on this on our dev list and with the
      > data monkeys. We'll probably have to start referring to items by a
      > key instead of their name or provide a (constantly updated) tool that
      > converts data for users.
      >
      > Bugger and damn, should've seen this coming (I always recreate my
      > characters as a matter of course, so I didn't experience it
      > myself) :-(.
      >
      > Karianna
      > Chair Monkey
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Pew <benpew@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> No, the names of items are in core PCGen datasets. I have had the
      >> same
      >> experience, and I have never used a CMP dataset. For another
      >> example, a
      >> light warhorse has changed from "Horse (Light War)" to "Horse (War,
      > Light)"
      >> to "Warhorse (Light)" or similar progression.

    • Derek J. Balling
      Message 44 of 44 , May 4, 2006
        On May 4, 2006, at 4:41 AM, pkukwork wrote:
        > Of course I'm mixing. Who is not ? I don't think many people run a
        > "purely SRD" campaign, and I think that most people use at least the
        > Complete Series from WotC in their campaign. At least this is what I
        > find when I speak to most people I know or on mailing lists...

        But if you're running the CMP files, you shouldn't ALSO be running
        the SRD files. You should be using the PHB/DMG/MM sets from CMP as
        well as whatever "addons" you're using.

        It's that mixing of SRD and non-SRD (and PHB/DMG/MM in this context
        are non-SRD as they're the CMP renditions of those books) that will
        always always be a pain/nightmare/bugfest.