NOT HAPPY !!! (Was: Re: [pcgen][bug] Willpower vs. Will - NOT working)

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 44 , May 3 8:17 AM
      Ah....... OK now I see (apologies to the original poster)

      OK, we've started a discussion on this on our dev list and with the
      data monkeys. We'll probably have to start referring to items by a
      key instead of their name or provide a (constantly updated) tool that
      converts data for users.

      Bugger and damn, should've seen this coming (I always recreate my
      characters as a matter of course, so I didn't experience it myself) :-(.

      Karianna
      Chair Monkey

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Benjamin Pew <benpew@...> wrote:

      > No, the names of items are in core PCGen datasets. I have had the same
      > experience, and I have never used a CMP dataset. For another example, a
      > light warhorse has changed from "Horse (Light War)" to "Horse (War,
      Light)"
      > to "Warhorse (Light)" or similar progression.

    • Derek J. Balling
      Message 44 of 44 , May 4 8:20 AM
        On May 4, 2006, at 4:41 AM, pkukwork wrote:
        > Of course I'm mixing. Who is not ? I don't think many people run a
        > "purely SRD" campaign, and I think that most people use at least the
        > Complete Series from WotC in their campaign. At least this is what I
        > find when I speak to most people I know or on mailing lists...

        But if you're running the CMP files, you shouldn't ALSO be running
        the SRD files. You should be using the PHB/DMG/MM sets from CMP as
        well as whatever "addons" you're using.

        It's that mixing of SRD and non-SRD (and PHB/DMG/MM in this context
        are non-SRD as they're the CMP renditions of those books) that will
        always always be a pain/nightmare/bugfest.