[Frank/Eddy] Re: EPIC LEVELS OF BAB APPEAR TO NOT STACK WITH PRE-EPIC BAB

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2006
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:

      > I am trying to create a Legendary Dreadnaught. one of the prereqs is
      > BAB bonus of 23. at first i used a fighter/paladin combo, but when i
      > couldn't access the prestige class, i started over using just a
      > straight fighter. i took him all the way to CL 26 (for the +3 Epic
      > BAB) and it still wouldn't allow me to access the class. This
      > doesn't appear to be a list file problem, it looks like it might be
      > a problem with the way PC Gen handles higher levels.
      >
      > In the preview section, it shows a BAB of 20, then adds the various
      > modifiers, including the Epic Level BAB to add to it. the basic BAB
      > box however still shows as only 20, 15, 10, 5 and this makes me
      > wonder if the Epic stats shouldn't be added to that, since they are,
      > after all, a continuation of your base attack abilities. It appears
      > that the legendary dreadnaught is looking at that box only and thus
      > doesn't see the required 23 BAB, just the 20 from the pre-epic
      > levels.
      >
      > I am using 5.10.0 Stable, full windows install version, Win XP SP2
      > and the current Java.
      >
      > Thanks guys!!!

    • Terry FitzSimons
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2006
        Are you sure you meet all of the other requirements?

        Check these as well

        # Class Name
        CLASS:Legendary Dreadnought

        Req. Att.
        PREATT:23

        Required Feat
        PREFEAT:4,Combat Reflexes,Great Cleave,Improved Bull Rush,Improved Critical

        Required Lvl
        PRELEVEL:20

        Required Skill
        PRESKILL:1,Intimidate=15