Re: EPIC LEVELS OF BAB APPEAR TO NOT STACK WITH PRE-EPIC BAB

  • musicguerilla
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2006
      OK it may just be that particular class (Legendary Dreadnaught). The
      Divine Emissary epic prestige class also requires a BAB of 23 and i
      was able to meet all the requirements including the BAB no problem.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...>
      wrote:

      > I am trying to create a Legendary Dreadnaught. one of the prereqs
      is
      > BAB bonus of 23. at first i used a fighter/paladin combo, but when
      > couldn't access the prestige class, i started over using just a
      > straight fighter. i took him all the way to CL 26 (for the +3 Epic
      > BAB) and it still wouldn't allow me to access the class. This
      > doesn't appear to be a list file problem, it looks like it might
      be
      > a problem with the way PC Gen handles higher levels.
      >
      > In the preview section, it shows a BAB of 20, then adds the
      various
      > modifiers, including the Epic Level BAB to add to it. the basic
      BAB
      > box however still shows as only 20, 15, 10, 5 and this makes me
      > wonder if the Epic stats shouldn't be added to that, since they
      are,
      > after all, a continuation of your base attack abilities. It
      appears
      > that the legendary dreadnaught is looking at that box only and
      thus
      > doesn't see the required 23 BAB, just the 20 from the pre-epic
      > levels.
      >
      > I am using 5.10.0 Stable, full windows install version, Win XP SP2
      > and the current Java.
      >
      > Thanks guys!!!

    • karianna03
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:

        > I am trying to create a Legendary Dreadnaught. one of the prereqs is
        > BAB bonus of 23. at first i used a fighter/paladin combo, but when i
        > couldn't access the prestige class, i started over using just a
        > straight fighter. i took him all the way to CL 26 (for the +3 Epic
        > BAB) and it still wouldn't allow me to access the class. This
        > doesn't appear to be a list file problem, it looks like it might be
        > a problem with the way PC Gen handles higher levels.
        >
        > In the preview section, it shows a BAB of 20, then adds the various
        > modifiers, including the Epic Level BAB to add to it. the basic BAB
        > box however still shows as only 20, 15, 10, 5 and this makes me
        > wonder if the Epic stats shouldn't be added to that, since they are,
        > after all, a continuation of your base attack abilities. It appears
        > that the legendary dreadnaught is looking at that box only and thus
        > doesn't see the required 23 BAB, just the 20 from the pre-epic
        > levels.
        >
        > I am using 5.10.0 Stable, full windows install version, Win XP SP2
        > and the current Java.
        >
        > Thanks guys!!!

      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2006
          Are you sure you meet all of the other requirements?

          Check these as well

          # Class Name
          CLASS:Legendary Dreadnought

          Req. Att.
          PREATT:23

          Required Feat
          PREFEAT:4,Combat Reflexes,Great Cleave,Improved Bull Rush,Improved Critical

          Required Lvl
          PRELEVEL:20

          Required Skill
          PRESKILL:1,Intimidate=15