EPIC LEVELS OF BAB APPEAR TO NOT STACK WITH PRE-EPIC BAB

  • musicguerilla
    Message 1 of 4 , May 3, 2006
      I am trying to create a Legendary Dreadnaught. one of the prereqs is
      BAB bonus of 23. at first i used a fighter/paladin combo, but when i
      couldn't access the prestige class, i started over using just a
      straight fighter. i took him all the way to CL 26 (for the +3 Epic
      BAB) and it still wouldn't allow me to access the class. This
      doesn't appear to be a list file problem, it looks like it might be
      a problem with the way PC Gen handles higher levels.

      In the preview section, it shows a BAB of 20, then adds the various
      modifiers, including the Epic Level BAB to add to it. the basic BAB
      box however still shows as only 20, 15, 10, 5 and this makes me
      wonder if the Epic stats shouldn't be added to that, since they are,
      after all, a continuation of your base attack abilities. It appears
      that the legendary dreadnaught is looking at that box only and thus
      doesn't see the required 23 BAB, just the 20 from the pre-epic
      levels.

      I am using 5.10.0 Stable, full windows install version, Win XP SP2
      and the current Java.

      Thanks guys!!!
    • musicguerilla
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2006
        OK it may just be that particular class (Legendary Dreadnaught). The
        Divine Emissary epic prestige class also requires a BAB of 23 and i
        was able to meet all the requirements including the BAB no problem.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...>
        wrote:

        > I am trying to create a Legendary Dreadnaught. one of the prereqs
        is
        > BAB bonus of 23. at first i used a fighter/paladin combo, but when
        > couldn't access the prestige class, i started over using just a
        > straight fighter. i took him all the way to CL 26 (for the +3 Epic
        > BAB) and it still wouldn't allow me to access the class. This
        > doesn't appear to be a list file problem, it looks like it might
        be
        > a problem with the way PC Gen handles higher levels.
        >
        > In the preview section, it shows a BAB of 20, then adds the
        various
        > modifiers, including the Epic Level BAB to add to it. the basic
        BAB
        > box however still shows as only 20, 15, 10, 5 and this makes me
        > wonder if the Epic stats shouldn't be added to that, since they
        are,
        > after all, a continuation of your base attack abilities. It
        appears
        > that the legendary dreadnaught is looking at that box only and
        thus
        > doesn't see the required 23 BAB, just the 20 from the pre-epic
        > levels.
        >
        > I am using 5.10.0 Stable, full windows install version, Win XP SP2
        > and the current Java.
        >
        > Thanks guys!!!

      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 4 , May 3, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "musicguerilla" <musicguerilla@...> wrote:

          > I am trying to create a Legendary Dreadnaught. one of the prereqs is
          > BAB bonus of 23. at first i used a fighter/paladin combo, but when i
          > couldn't access the prestige class, i started over using just a
          > straight fighter. i took him all the way to CL 26 (for the +3 Epic
          > BAB) and it still wouldn't allow me to access the class. This
          > doesn't appear to be a list file problem, it looks like it might be
          > a problem with the way PC Gen handles higher levels.
          >
          > In the preview section, it shows a BAB of 20, then adds the various
          > modifiers, including the Epic Level BAB to add to it. the basic BAB
          > box however still shows as only 20, 15, 10, 5 and this makes me
          > wonder if the Epic stats shouldn't be added to that, since they are,
          > after all, a continuation of your base attack abilities. It appears
          > that the legendary dreadnaught is looking at that box only and thus
          > doesn't see the required 23 BAB, just the 20 from the pre-epic
          > levels.
          >
          > I am using 5.10.0 Stable, full windows install version, Win XP SP2
          > and the current Java.
          >
          > Thanks guys!!!

        • Terry FitzSimons
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2006
            Are you sure you meet all of the other requirements?

            Check these as well

            # Class Name
            CLASS:Legendary Dreadnought

            Req. Att.
            PREATT:23

            Required Feat
            PREFEAT:4,Combat Reflexes,Great Cleave,Improved Bull Rush,Improved Critical

            Required Lvl
            PRELEVEL:20

            Required Skill
            PRESKILL:1,Intimidate=15