Re: [pcgen][bug] 5.10

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2006
      > More than one character open and you get the other character info
      > instead of the character you THOUGHT you were looking at.

      This is a known issue slated to be fixed (hopefully) in the 5.11-5.12
      line. The work-around is to open only one character at a time. I
      think that the issue sometimes appears if you close a character and
      then open a different one without restarting PCGen, so it's best to
      restart the program between characters as well.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • karianna03
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2006
        Yeah, this one is a nasty one as we've been unable to reproduce it
        within the Dev team (although about 3 people have reported it now, so
        it's definitely an issue out there).

        Hopefully one of us will strike the problem and then hopefully fix it
        for the 5.10.1 production patch, if not it'll have to wait for the
        5.11.x series

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

        > > More than one character open and you get the other character info
        > > instead of the character you THOUGHT you were looking at.
        >
        > This is a known issue slated to be fixed (hopefully) in the 5.11-5.12
        > line. The work-around is to open only one character at a time. I
        > think that the issue sometimes appears if you close a character and
        > then open a different one without restarting PCGen, so it's best to
        > restart the program between characters as well.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Sir George Anonymous

      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2006
          Hi Andrew,

          Could you let us know how many of these still occur now that your home
          brew sets are corrected? Some of the issues might be side-effects of
          that problem.

          On 2/05/2006 12:49 PM Andrew Maitland wrote

          >Using the latest 5.10
          > >Note these issues were not present in the pre-release version of 5.10rc1
          >
          >Ok, some issues:
          >More than one character open and you get the other character info
          >instead of the character you THOUGHT you were looking at.

          If you can give us a step by step way of producing this, we would be
          eternally grateful. A few of the developers have tried to reproduce this
          and have had no luck. Once reproduced we can start to fix it!

          >Tabs that appear to have issues:
          >Preview not displaying or not displaying the correct character.
          >Feats not displaying
          >- Feats selection doesn't appear to have any effect (Type, Name, Source,
          >etc.) it remains the same
          >- Sort has issues as well.
          >
          >Output: Values don't match the OS to the PDF. My character has a +17/+12
          >for an attack and the PDF shows the same character with a +16/+11
          >
          >These appear to be serious.
          >
          >Just to be sure I am going to restart the computer and reload the
          >sources. But I've restarted the program and get these problems
          >consistently. Note: I am using homebrew lst files as that may be present
          >an issue I'm not aware of.
          >
          >I will load just the default and check to see if it's home brew causing
          >the problem.

          Cheers,
          James Dempsey
          PCGen Code Gibbon
        • Terry FitzSimons
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2006
            He may be having the same problem that I am having with the preview screen.

            OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
            Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
            Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB

            Java version 1.5.0-06-b05

            PcGen 5.10.0

            Load MSRD-Basics
            Set Preferences to roll 4d6, reroll 1's, drop lowest
            Open new character (Str=13,Dex=15, Con=17, Int=14, Wis=12, Cha=13)
            Set race to human
            Set class for Charismatic Ordinary
            Randomly set the next screens(Wealth=5, Language=Ancient Greek,
            Occupation=Blue Collar, Feat Choicex3)
            Click open Skills
            Spend five points on class skills vi sable (Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy,
            Disguise, Gather Information)
            Click open Feats
            Spend a point on some thing (Acrobatic)
            Click open Description Tab
            Click on "Check All"
            Click on "Random"
            Click on "Uncheck"
            Click open Preview Tab
            No character info including name of "New 1"
            Stat info is there but none of the calculations
            HP is there, but no AC, BAB, Init, Fort, Ref, Will, unarmed
            Melee=1, Ranged=2, Grappled=0
            No Skills
            Blocks that are there: Bardic Music, Barbarian Rage, Lay on Hands, Stunning
            Fist, Wholeness of body, Druid Wildshape

            Page 2 seems to be working.

            Export to PDF seems to be working as all the missing information seems to
            be there.

            --

            Terry FitzSimons
            FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

            Data Lemur, Docs Lemur
          • Frank Kliewe
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2006

              Confirmed. I'm getting the following in the console:

              java.lang.NullPointerException
              at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getDRList(PlayerCharacter.java:8597)
              at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.calcDR(PlayerCharacter.java:8608)
              at pcgen.io.exporttoken.DRToken.getDRToken(DRToken.java:62)
              at
              plugin.charactersheet.gui.CombatPane1.refresh(CombatPane1.java:1003)
              at plugin.charactersheet.gui.Page1Panel.refresh(Page1Panel.java:193)
              at
              plugin.charactersheet.gui.CharacterPanel$Refresher.refresh(CharacterPanel.ja
              va:599)
              at
              plugin.charactersheet.gui.CharacterPanel$Refresher.run(CharacterPanel.java:5
              84)

              Cheerio,

              Frank Kliewe
              PCGen Content Silverback

              --
              Nothing is what it seems.
              (John Baxter in "Don't look now", 1973)
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2006
                --- Frank Kliewe <fkliewe@...> wrote:

> [...]

                Where do we want this fixed?

                -Aaron

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Frank Kliewe
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2006

                  In various recent tests using the Modern gamemode I have seen this bug more
                  often than not. It makes the Preview tab for Modern nearly unusable. This
                  should definitely go into 5.10.1

                  Cheerio,

                  Frank Kliewe
                  PCGen Content Silverback

> [...]