[pcgen][bug] 5.10

    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2006
      Using the latest 5.10
      >Note these issues were not present in the pre-release version of 5.10rc1

      Ok, some issues:
      More than one character open and you get the other character info
      instead of the character you THOUGHT you were looking at.

      Tabs that appear to have issues:
      Preview not displaying or not displaying the correct character.
      Feats not displaying
      - Feats selection doesn't appear to have any effect (Type, Name, Source,
      etc.) it remains the same
      - Sort has issues as well.

      Output: Values don't match the OS to the PDF. My character has a +17/+12
      for an attack and the PDF shows the same character with a +16/+11

      These appear to be serious.

      Just to be sure I am going to restart the computer and reload the
      sources. But I've restarted the program and get these problems
      consistently. Note: I am using homebrew lst files as that may be present
      an issue I'm not aware of.

      I will load just the default and check to see if it's home brew causing
      the problem.

      Andrew

      --
      NOTICE: This email contains confidential information that is being transmitted to and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. Reading, disclosure, discussion, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information by anyone other than the named recipient(s) or his or her employees or agents is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use or disclosure of this information is sanctioned under 42 USC 1320d et. seq. If you have received this email in error, please destroy it immediately and notify the sender by email.

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 0617-3, 04/28/2006
      Tested on: 5/1/2006 7:49:55 PM

    • ovka
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2006
        > More than one character open and you get the other character info
        > instead of the character you THOUGHT you were looking at.

        This is a known issue slated to be fixed (hopefully) in the 5.11-5.12
        line. The work-around is to open only one character at a time. I
        think that the issue sometimes appears if you close a character and
        then open a different one without restarting PCGen, so it's best to
        restart the program between characters as well.

        Cheers,

        Sir George Anonymous
      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2006
          Yeah, this one is a nasty one as we've been unable to reproduce it
          within the Dev team (although about 3 people have reported it now, so
          it's definitely an issue out there).

          Hopefully one of us will strike the problem and then hopefully fix it
          for the 5.10.1 production patch, if not it'll have to wait for the
          5.11.x series

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

          > > More than one character open and you get the other character info
          > > instead of the character you THOUGHT you were looking at.
          >
          > This is a known issue slated to be fixed (hopefully) in the 5.11-5.12
          > line. The work-around is to open only one character at a time. I
          > think that the issue sometimes appears if you close a character and
          > then open a different one without restarting PCGen, so it's best to
          > restart the program between characters as well.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Sir George Anonymous

        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2006
            Hi Andrew,

            Could you let us know how many of these still occur now that your home
            brew sets are corrected? Some of the issues might be side-effects of
            that problem.

            On 2/05/2006 12:49 PM Andrew Maitland wrote

            >Using the latest 5.10
            > >Note these issues were not present in the pre-release version of 5.10rc1
            >
            >Ok, some issues:
            >More than one character open and you get the other character info
            >instead of the character you THOUGHT you were looking at.

            If you can give us a step by step way of producing this, we would be
            eternally grateful. A few of the developers have tried to reproduce this
            and have had no luck. Once reproduced we can start to fix it!

            >Tabs that appear to have issues:
            >Preview not displaying or not displaying the correct character.
            >Feats not displaying
            >- Feats selection doesn't appear to have any effect (Type, Name, Source,
            >etc.) it remains the same
            >- Sort has issues as well.
            >
            >Output: Values don't match the OS to the PDF. My character has a +17/+12
            >for an attack and the PDF shows the same character with a +16/+11
            >
            >These appear to be serious.
            >
            >Just to be sure I am going to restart the computer and reload the
            >sources. But I've restarted the program and get these problems
            >consistently. Note: I am using homebrew lst files as that may be present
            >an issue I'm not aware of.
            >
            >I will load just the default and check to see if it's home brew causing
            >the problem.

            Cheers,
            James Dempsey
            PCGen Code Gibbon
          • Terry FitzSimons
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2006
              He may be having the same problem that I am having with the preview screen.

              OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
              Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
              Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB

              Java version 1.5.0-06-b05

              PcGen 5.10.0

              Load MSRD-Basics
              Set Preferences to roll 4d6, reroll 1's, drop lowest
              Open new character (Str=13,Dex=15, Con=17, Int=14, Wis=12, Cha=13)
              Set race to human
              Set class for Charismatic Ordinary
              Randomly set the next screens(Wealth=5, Language=Ancient Greek,
              Occupation=Blue Collar, Feat Choicex3)
              Click open Skills
              Spend five points on class skills vi sable (Bluff, Climb, Diplomacy,
              Disguise, Gather Information)
              Click open Feats
              Spend a point on some thing (Acrobatic)
              Click open Description Tab
              Click on "Check All"
              Click on "Random"
              Click on "Uncheck"
              Click open Preview Tab
              No character info including name of "New 1"
              Stat info is there but none of the calculations
              HP is there, but no AC, BAB, Init, Fort, Ref, Will, unarmed
              Melee=1, Ranged=2, Grappled=0
              No Skills
              Blocks that are there: Bardic Music, Barbarian Rage, Lay on Hands, Stunning
              Fist, Wholeness of body, Druid Wildshape

              Page 2 seems to be working.

              Export to PDF seems to be working as all the missing information seems to
              be there.

              --

              Terry FitzSimons
              FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

              Data Lemur, Docs Lemur
            • Frank Kliewe
              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2006

                Confirmed. I'm getting the following in the console:

                java.lang.NullPointerException
                at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.getDRList(PlayerCharacter.java:8597)
                at pcgen.core.PlayerCharacter.calcDR(PlayerCharacter.java:8608)
                at pcgen.io.exporttoken.DRToken.getDRToken(DRToken.java:62)
                at
                plugin.charactersheet.gui.CombatPane1.refresh(CombatPane1.java:1003)
                at plugin.charactersheet.gui.Page1Panel.refresh(Page1Panel.java:193)
                at
                plugin.charactersheet.gui.CharacterPanel$Refresher.refresh(CharacterPanel.ja
                va:599)
                at
                plugin.charactersheet.gui.CharacterPanel$Refresher.run(CharacterPanel.java:5
                84)

                Cheerio,

                Frank Kliewe
                PCGen Content Silverback

                --
                Nothing is what it seems.
                (John Baxter in "Don't look now", 1973)
                Message 7 of 9 , May 2, 2006
                  --- Frank Kliewe <fkliewe@...> wrote:

> [...]

                  Where do we want this fixed?

                  -Aaron

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Frank Kliewe
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 2, 2006

                    In various recent tests using the Modern gamemode I have seen this bug more
                    often than not. It makes the Preview tab for Modern nearly unusable. This
                    should definitely go into 5.10.1

                    Cheerio,

                    Frank Kliewe
                    PCGen Content Silverback

> [...]