[ANNOUNCE] New Feature Request Process for LST syntax

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      Recent discussions within the PCGen Data team have led us to think over the
      way we want to evaluate Feature Requests concerning LST syntax changes in
      the future. Resulting from these discussions we have come up with a new
      Feature Request evaluation process, which will be used beginning May 1st, to
      give the go ahead for new LST tags from Data side.

      The full details of the process will not be of interest to most subscribers
      of this list, so I will just state in this announcement what is going to
      happen, if one of you sends a FREQ about a LST tag change to this list. The
      detailed process can be read in the Wiki and will also be posted in another
      announcement on the PCGen_Experimental list. Link to the Wiki:
      <www.legolas.org/pcgen/pytw/#>, under teams click on Data. There under
      Resources you will find the link to the process.

      A newly entered FREQ will be forwarded by one of our Tracker Monkeys to the
      PCGen_Experimental list, where our Data Team will be going to discuss it.
      This will be mentioned in a reply to the original post. When this discussion
      has come to a result, we can be sure that the FREQ has taken a shape where
      it will be up to the standards we need to have in LST tag design. This will
      then be entered as a new Feature Request tracker, which will be posted in
      reply to the original post as well. In some case it may happen that a
      request is refused at this stage. If this happens, we will give you the
      reasons why this had to be done.

      As a result of this process we hope to get a higher standard in our Feature
      Requests. What is handed over as Feature Request tracker to the Code team
      should be in a shape where little or no additional discussion is needed
      anymore, thus speeding up that process. Of course with the volunteer nature
      of the PCGen project there can be no guarantee when and if something finally
      gets implemented.

      Cheerio,

      Frank Kliewe
      PCGen Content Silverback