Re: [pcgen] 0 hp Familar

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2006
      Familiars by default are base 1 hd animals. They don't as a rule,
      increase in HD, however, feats and other special abilities may allow the
      familiar to have higher HP, but none give extra HD, of course I'm sure
      there is a splat book out there that does just that too... :)

      So on topic a familiar would have a minimum of 1 hp.

      Keith Ratliff wrote:
      > The min HP for creatures according to RAW is 1 HP/level. There is a bit of
      > gray area as to whether that rule applies to familiars, but having a
      > minimum
      > of 1 HP - period - doesn't seem to be unreasonable or outside of RAW to me
      > and I would have to agree that you should have the MAX math in there.
      >
      > --Keith
      > Lord_Rat
      >
      > On 4/19/06, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > On 4/19/06 4:08 PM, "nekodoom" <nekodoom@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > If a wizard has only 1 hp its familar has 0.
      > > > I'd like a house rule to turn off 1/2 master hit points and/or
      > check if
      > > > its natural hp is higher. This would make it easyer to add custom
      > > > feats that allow for stronger familars. If a feat gives it extra hp
      > > > you could just add an animal level.
      > >
      > > The 0 HP issue we can fix, the data can be set to always grant a minimum
      > > of
      > > 1 HP. I'm not sure about the house rule, that may indeed take some code
      > > work.
      > >
      > > --
      > > ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      > > ~ PCGen Content Silverback

      ---
      Virus Database (VPS): 0616-2, 04/18/2006
      Tested on: 4/19/2006 8:11:10 PM