Re: OS Issue (was YAOSQ (yet another output sheet question))

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18 1:48 AM
      Hi there,

      >> I'm using PCGen 5.8.1 on a Mac (OS X 10.4.6).
      >>
      >> When exporting to PDF (d20/fantasy/pdf/csheet_fantasy_std_blue.xslt)
      >> I get hash marks ("#") instead of boxes for things which are
      >> counted (ammunition, spell slots, etc.).
      >>
      >> Any idea why?
      >>
      >> Michael
      >
      > Ok, it's come to light that there is a bug in the output sheets
      > distributed with release 5.8.1. All references to the Zapf Dingbats
      > font were apparently inadvertently omitted from the
      > fantasy_master_std.xslt file, resulting in hash marks instead of
      > boxes, check marks, or any other special symbols used in the output
      > sheet.
      >
      > I am experimenting with the output sheets from 5.8.0 rc8. Does
      > anyone (especially the chief output sheet monkey) know of any reason
      > why they would not work well with 5.8.1?

      I'm not the chief OS Monkey, but being the next higest rank.... I'd
      say that the 5.8.0RC8 sheets should work fine with 5.8.1. Hve you
      also experienced this error with 5.9.8?

      > As a side note, I have to wonder how such a glaringly obvious error
      > made it into the "production/stable" release...?

      Not good enough QA on our part, something we've been addressing with
      the restructuring of PCGen since the 5.8.x series, we're _never_ going
      to be perfect (unless we get more QA volunteers) but we're definitely
      going to be better.

      Karianna
      Chair Monkey and OS Gibbon