Re: Hit Point and Hit Dice Question

  • oggmosh
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 12, 2006
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:
      > On 4/12/06 10:28 AM, "Eric W. Swett" <innocent_eric@...> wrote:
      > > I've got two issues here and I've been working on them for almost
      > > a month now and can't seem to figure out the answer:
      > >
      > > First, I'm trying to create a feat that will replace the CON mod
      > > for bonus HP with the INT mod, but I can't seem to make this work.
      > > Any suggestions?
      >
      > BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|(INT-CON)*TL
      >
      > > Second, I'm trying to make it so that when a cleric of a
      > > particular deity levels as a cleric his hit points increase by d10
      > > instead of d8, but I only want it to happen when he levels as a
      > > cleric and not just as a follower. I could make this work by
      > > creating a new class of cleric, but I'd rather avoid that if I
      > > can. I was thinking of using a zero cost feat as a means to
      > > achieving this, but haven't figured out
      > > how to limit it to only the cleric class levels.
      >
      > Put this in a template:
      >
      > HITDIE:10|CLASS.Cleric
      >
      > This will change the hit die for the cleric class, note that it will
      > change all the Clerics hit dice, not just the next level added, it
      > works retroactively.

      I have a related issue - I have a class, which at level 3 grants the
      ability for ALL levels of ALL classes gained after that point to use a
      hit die one size bigger. I've tried HITDIE:%up1 in the CLASS level
      line, but that only applies to that class level. Would a template work
      in this case? Is there a way to limit it to levels gained after this
      ability is attained?