Output Sheet Question

  • raven0282
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 12, 2006
      Good Morning,

      I'm using PCGen 5.81 for D&D 3.5. I'm creating a Two-Weapon Wielding
      character. I've equipped both weapons in the Primary and Off-Hand.
      When exporting the character using the csheet_fantasy_combined.htm the
      attack modifiers for any other melee weapon that the character
      carries is decreased by 10. So for example, if the character has 3
      weapons, a Long Sword, a Short Sword and a Dagger and he equips the
      long sword and shortsword as primary and off-hand, the attack
      modifiers for the dagger get dropped by 10. Is there a way to resolve
      this?

      On a separate issue, I remember a previous version of this same sheet
      that would also modify the attack modifiers when the fight defensively
      and full defense bonus buttons were pressed. Has that functionality
      been eliminated?

    • David
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 12, 2006
        Are you using CMP's data files, or the RSRD data files? (your reference to
        D&D 3.5 leaves it open to interpretation).

        If using CMP's, please take it to their boards
        (www.codemonkeypublishing.com). If the RSRD, please respond here and let us
        know.

        -- david
        Moderator Monkey

        $> I'm using PCGen 5.81 for D&D 3.5. I'm creating a Two-Weapon Wielding
        $> character. I've equipped both weapons in the Primary and Off-Hand.
        $> When exporting the character using the
        $> csheet_fantasy_combined.htm the
        $> attack modifiers for any other melee weapon that the character
        $> carries is decreased by 10. So for example, if the character has 3
        $> weapons, a Long Sword, a Short Sword and a Dagger and he equips the
        $> long sword and shortsword as primary and off-hand, the attack
        $> modifiers for the dagger get dropped by 10. Is there a way
        $> to resolve
        $> this?
        $>
        $> On a separate issue, I remember a previous version of this same sheet
        $> that would also modify the attack modifiers when the fight
        $> defensively
        $> and full defense bonus buttons were pressed. Has that functionality
        $> been eliminated?
        $>
        $> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
      • raven0282
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 12, 2006
          The RSRD files, not the CMP files.

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 12, 2006
            BTW, this occurs on the 1, 2 and 3-4 page buttons. The 4+ page button
            changes the display and seems to calculate properly.

            Thanks.

            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "raven0282" <raven0282@...> wrote:

            > The RSRD files, not the CMP files.
            >
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David" <Papa-DRB@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Are you using CMP's data files, or the RSRD data files? (your
            > reference to
            > > D&D 3.5 leaves it open to interpretation).
            > >
            > > If using CMP's, please take it to their boards
            > > (www.codemonkeypublishing.com). If the RSRD, please respond here and
            > let us
            > > know.
            > >
            > > -- david
            > > Moderator Monkey

          • karianna03
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 13, 2006
              I just fixed a stack of similar errors in the 5.9.x branch, so I'm
              pretty sure your item is fixed, the weapons work correctly in that
              sheet for 5.9.8 for me now anyhow. Just have to get Flurry of Blows
              working now :-)

              Karianna
              Chair Monkey
              OS Gibbon

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 13, 2006
                I just downloaded 5.98 and made a brand new installation. Created a
                third level fighter with two-weapon fighting, weapon finesse,
                two-weapon defense and dodge. Gave him some skills. He is equipped
                with a rapier as primary weapon, shortsword as off-hand and dagger as
                carried.

                Exported the character sheet and the sheet does not populate the
                weapons or skills. The armor class is calculated correctly with the
                shield bonus from two-weapon defense. The ammunition slot under the
                weapons has the following code instead of a blank or the type of ammo.

                EQTYPE.Ammunition.0.NAME (EQTYPE.Ammunition.0.QTY)

                If I use the sheet in 5.81 instead of 5.98 the sheet displays the
                weapons and skill but still applies a -10 to the other weapons.

                Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                > I just fixed a stack of similar errors in the 5.9.x branch, so I'm
                > pretty sure your item is fixed, the weapons work correctly in that
                > sheet for 5.9.8 for me now anyhow. Just have to get Flurry of Blows
                > working now :-)
                >
                > Karianna
                > Chair Monkey
                > OS Gibbon

              • karianna03
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 13, 2006
                  Yeah some of these things I just fixed yesterday (post 5.9.8), so
                  you'll have to wait until the 5.10 RC1 release (probably Tuesday
                  18th). The weapons and skills now definitely show :-).

                  Actually tell you what, drop me an email to
                  martijnverburgATgmailDOTcom and I'll send you my current dev sheet,
                  might solve your problems for ya (no promises though as you are
                  running it against a 5.8.x PCGen)

                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "raven0282" <raven0282@...> wrote:

                  > I just downloaded 5.98 and made a brand new installation. Created a
                  > third level fighter with two-weapon fighting, weapon finesse,
                  > two-weapon defense and dodge. Gave him some skills. He is equipped
                  > with a rapier as primary weapon, shortsword as off-hand and dagger as
                  > carried.
                  >
                  > Exported the character sheet and the sheet does not populate the
                  > weapons or skills. The armor class is calculated correctly with the
                  > shield bonus from two-weapon defense. The ammunition slot under the
                  > weapons has the following code instead of a blank or the type of ammo.
                  >
                  > EQTYPE.Ammunition.0.NAME (EQTYPE.Ammunition.0.QTY)
                  >
                  > If I use the sheet in 5.81 instead of 5.98 the sheet displays the
                  > weapons and skill but still applies a -10 to the other weapons.
                  >
                  > Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
                  >
                  > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I just fixed a stack of similar errors in the 5.9.x branch, so I'm
                  > > pretty sure your item is fixed, the weapons work correctly in that
                  > > sheet for 5.9.8 for me now anyhow. Just have to get Flurry of Blows
                  > > working now :-)
                  > >
                  > > Karianna
                  > > Chair Monkey
                  > > OS Gibbon

                • raven0282
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 13, 2006
                    Thanks for the help. Message sent.

                    --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

                    > Yeah some of these things I just fixed yesterday (post 5.9.8), so
                    > you'll have to wait until the 5.10 RC1 release (probably Tuesday
                    > 18th). The weapons and skills now definitely show :-).
                    >
                    > Actually tell you what, drop me an email to
                    > martijnverburgATgmailDOTcom and I'll send you my current dev sheet,
                    > might solve your problems for ya (no promises though as you are
                    > running it against a 5.8.x PCGen)

                    > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "raven0282" <raven0282@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I just downloaded 5.98 and made a brand new installation. Created a
                    > > third level fighter with two-weapon fighting, weapon finesse,
                    > > two-weapon defense and dodge. Gave him some skills. He is equipped
                    > > with a rapier as primary weapon, shortsword as off-hand and dagger as
                    > > carried.
                    > >
                    > > Exported the character sheet and the sheet does not populate the
                    > > weapons or skills. The armor class is calculated correctly with the
                    > > shield bonus from two-weapon defense. The ammunition slot under the
                    > > weapons has the following code instead of a blank or the type of ammo.
                    > >
                    > > EQTYPE.Ammunition.0.NAME (EQTYPE.Ammunition.0.QTY)
                    > >
                    > > If I use the sheet in 5.81 instead of 5.98 the sheet displays the
                    > > weapons and skill but still applies a -10 to the other weapons.
                    > >
                    > > Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.
                    > >
                    > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > I just fixed a stack of similar errors in the 5.9.x branch, so I'm
                    > > > pretty sure your item is fixed, the weapons work correctly in that
                    > > > sheet for 5.9.8 for me now anyhow. Just have to get Flurry of Blows
                    > > > working now :-)
                    > > >
                    > > > Karianna
                    > > > Chair Monkey
                    > > > OS Gibbon

                  • raven0282
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 14, 2006
                      Okay, tested the sheet out in 5.81 and 5.98.

                      In 5.81 and 5.98, the sheet does recalculate properly the Attack bonus
                      based on whether the character is Fighting Defensively or using Full
                      Defense.

                      On both sheets, when a character is fighting with two weapons, any
                      other carried melee weapon had it's attack bonus reduced by -8. I had
                      said -10 earlier but I noticed those were magical weapons. However, I
                      noticed that this behavior is also happening when I export to text
                      only. Which leads me to believe that this might be caused internally
                      by PCGen when it calculates attack bonus instead of being an output
                      sheet problem.

                      One weird error when working with 5.98. The money carried as coin
                      does not get reported correctly. The sheet puts code in that box. In
                      5.81 this problem does not occur.

                      Also on both versions any consumable equipment (potions, etc.)
                      displays the little square boxes incorrectly. The boxes appear
                      several items below the correct item. I seem to have found the error
                      causing this and it has to do with not having the same "variable"
                      during the "FOR Statements." I think the variables should be
                      EQ.MERGELOC.Not.Coin.NOT.Gem.%equip1 or
                      EQ.MERGELOC.Not.Coin.NOT.Gem.%equip2. However it seems that some are
                      using just EQ.Not.Coin.NOT.Gem.%equip1 and at times just EQ.%equip1.
                      I hope that helps to fix that problem.

                      Thank you so much for your help with the original sheet.
                    • karianna03
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 3 3:25 AM
                        OK, finally got around to trackering these. Thanks for the bug report!