Re: [pcgen] [BUG]5.9.4 PRESIZE in EQMODs broken?

  • boomer70
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2006
      --- Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

      > boomer70 scribed:
      >
      > > I am not really sure how you would want this to
      > work.
      > > Without fundamentally changing the way the item
      > > customizer works there are only two solutions,
      > always
      > > pass the prereq or never pass the prereq. Never
      > > passing puts you right back where you started
      > (minus
      > > the error msgs). Always passing would always show
      > the
      > > EQMOD. I am not sure what would happen if you
      > then
      > > equipped the item to a character with this EQMOD.
      > It
      > > may "work" in that if the prereq failed against
      > the
      > > character its mods wouldn't be applied but I am
      > not
      > > sure about that.
      >
      > Not sure I follow, a PRESIZE tag in an EQMOD should
      > be evaluated against the
      > SIZE of the equipment it is being applied to. If the
      > equipment has no SIZE
      > tag it is assumed to be medium, or at least I assume
      > that is what it is
      > assuming see as how that is the size shown in the
      > equipment info pane in
      > such cases.

      OK thats more than a little confusing. However if
      that is what it is supposed to do it is easy to fix.
      I didn't see that in the documentation, did I miss it
      or do we need a doc tracker for it?

      -Aaron

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Byngl
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2006
        Shouldn't there be two different PRE's here? One for the size of
        equipment, and one for the size of a character? And since it looks
        like PRESIZE was never coded for equipment, something like
        PREEQUIPSIZE might do.

        Byngl