[trackered] RE: [pcgen] [BUG]5.9.4 PRESIZE in EQMODs broken?

  • Paul W. King
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
      [ 1464635 ] 5.9.4 PRESIZE in EQMODs broken
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1464635&group_id=25576&atid=384719

      Paul W. King
      PR SB, BoD
    • boomer70
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
        --- Frank Kliewe <fkliewe@...> wrote:

        > *BUMP* This is still not functioning in 5.9.8, it is
        > now used also in MSRD
        > Future Equipment.

        Frank,

        I will try and explain what is going on here.
        Basically, every prereq has two methods that can be
        used to evaluate if it passes. One is used when the
        prereq is applied to a character the other is if it is
        applied to equipment.

        The error you are seeing is because PRESIZE doesn't
        implement the equipment version. If a PRE tag doesn't
        implement the equipment version it will try and use
        the character version. Unfortunately because the item
        customizer is not intended to customize items
        specifically for a character there is no character to
        use to evaluate the PRESIZE against.

        I am not really sure how you would want this to work.
        Without fundamentally changing the way the item
        customizer works there are only two solutions, always
        pass the prereq or never pass the prereq. Never
        passing puts you right back where you started (minus
        the error msgs). Always passing would always show the
        EQMOD. I am not sure what would happen if you then
        equipped the item to a character with this EQMOD. It
        may "work" in that if the prereq failed against the
        character its mods wouldn't be applied but I am not
        sure about that.

        Hopefully this explains what is going on and we can
        come up with some solution.

        -Aaron

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
          boomer70 scribed:

          > I am not really sure how you would want this to work.
          > Without fundamentally changing the way the item
          > customizer works there are only two solutions, always
          > pass the prereq or never pass the prereq. Never
          > passing puts you right back where you started (minus
          > the error msgs). Always passing would always show the
          > EQMOD. I am not sure what would happen if you then
          > equipped the item to a character with this EQMOD. It
          > may "work" in that if the prereq failed against the
          > character its mods wouldn't be applied but I am not
          > sure about that.

          Not sure I follow, a PRESIZE tag in an EQMOD should be evaluated against the
          SIZE of the equipment it is being applied to. If the equipment has no SIZE
          tag it is assumed to be medium, or at least I assume that is what it is
          assuming see as how that is the size shown in the equipment info pane in
          such cases.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5, 2006
            --- Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

            > boomer70 scribed:
            >
            > > I am not really sure how you would want this to
            > work.
            > > Without fundamentally changing the way the item
            > > customizer works there are only two solutions,
            > always
            > > pass the prereq or never pass the prereq. Never
            > > passing puts you right back where you started
            > (minus
            > > the error msgs). Always passing would always show
            > the
            > > EQMOD. I am not sure what would happen if you
            > then
            > > equipped the item to a character with this EQMOD.
            > It
            > > may "work" in that if the prereq failed against
            > the
            > > character its mods wouldn't be applied but I am
            > not
            > > sure about that.
            >
            > Not sure I follow, a PRESIZE tag in an EQMOD should
            > be evaluated against the
            > SIZE of the equipment it is being applied to. If the
            > equipment has no SIZE
            > tag it is assumed to be medium, or at least I assume
            > that is what it is
            > assuming see as how that is the size shown in the
            > equipment info pane in
            > such cases.

            OK thats more than a little confusing. However if
            that is what it is supposed to do it is easy to fix.
            I didn't see that in the documentation, did I miss it
            or do we need a doc tracker for it?

            -Aaron

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Byngl
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2006
              Shouldn't there be two different PRE's here? One for the size of
              equipment, and one for the size of a character? And since it looks
              like PRESIZE was never coded for equipment, something like
              PREEQUIPSIZE might do.

              Byngl