RE: [pcgen] [BUG]5.9.4 PRESIZE in EQMODs broken?

  • Frank Kliewe
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
      *BUMP* This is still not functioning in 5.9.8, it is now used also in MSRD
      Future Equipment.

    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
        [ 1464635 ] 5.9.4 PRESIZE in EQMODs broken
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1464635&group_id=25576&atid=384719

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD
      • boomer70
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
          --- Frank Kliewe <fkliewe@...> wrote:

          > *BUMP* This is still not functioning in 5.9.8, it is
          > now used also in MSRD
          > Future Equipment.

          Frank,

          I will try and explain what is going on here.
          Basically, every prereq has two methods that can be
          used to evaluate if it passes. One is used when the
          prereq is applied to a character the other is if it is
          applied to equipment.

          The error you are seeing is because PRESIZE doesn't
          implement the equipment version. If a PRE tag doesn't
          implement the equipment version it will try and use
          the character version. Unfortunately because the item
          customizer is not intended to customize items
          specifically for a character there is no character to
          use to evaluate the PRESIZE against.

          I am not really sure how you would want this to work.
          Without fundamentally changing the way the item
          customizer works there are only two solutions, always
          pass the prereq or never pass the prereq. Never
          passing puts you right back where you started (minus
          the error msgs). Always passing would always show the
          EQMOD. I am not sure what would happen if you then
          equipped the item to a character with this EQMOD. It
          may "work" in that if the prereq failed against the
          character its mods wouldn't be applied but I am not
          sure about that.

          Hopefully this explains what is going on and we can
          come up with some solution.

          -Aaron

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Eddy Anthony
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 4, 2006
            boomer70 scribed:

            > I am not really sure how you would want this to work.
            > Without fundamentally changing the way the item
            > customizer works there are only two solutions, always
            > pass the prereq or never pass the prereq. Never
            > passing puts you right back where you started (minus
            > the error msgs). Always passing would always show the
            > EQMOD. I am not sure what would happen if you then
            > equipped the item to a character with this EQMOD. It
            > may "work" in that if the prereq failed against the
            > character its mods wouldn't be applied but I am not
            > sure about that.

            Not sure I follow, a PRESIZE tag in an EQMOD should be evaluated against the
            SIZE of the equipment it is being applied to. If the equipment has no SIZE
            tag it is assumed to be medium, or at least I assume that is what it is
            assuming see as how that is the size shown in the equipment info pane in
            such cases.
            --
            ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            ~ PCGen Content Silverback
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5, 2006
              --- Eddy Anthony <eddyba@...> wrote:

              > boomer70 scribed:
              >
              > > I am not really sure how you would want this to
              > work.
              > > Without fundamentally changing the way the item
              > > customizer works there are only two solutions,
              > always
              > > pass the prereq or never pass the prereq. Never
              > > passing puts you right back where you started
              > (minus
              > > the error msgs). Always passing would always show
              > the
              > > EQMOD. I am not sure what would happen if you
              > then
              > > equipped the item to a character with this EQMOD.
              > It
              > > may "work" in that if the prereq failed against
              > the
              > > character its mods wouldn't be applied but I am
              > not
              > > sure about that.
              >
              > Not sure I follow, a PRESIZE tag in an EQMOD should
              > be evaluated against the
              > SIZE of the equipment it is being applied to. If the
              > equipment has no SIZE
              > tag it is assumed to be medium, or at least I assume
              > that is what it is
              > assuming see as how that is the size shown in the
              > equipment info pane in
              > such cases.

              OK thats more than a little confusing. However if
              that is what it is supposed to do it is easy to fix.
              I didn't see that in the documentation, did I miss it
              or do we need a doc tracker for it?

              -Aaron

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Byngl
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 5, 2006
                Shouldn't there be two different PRE's here? One for the size of
                equipment, and one for the size of a character? And since it looks
                like PRESIZE was never coded for equipment, something like
                PREEQUIPSIZE might do.

                Byngl