[BUG][5.8.1][DATA][CODE] Cold Iron Arrows

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
      Cold Iron arrows are priced incorrectly. Creating a custom arrow and
      adding Cold Iron to it results in a price of 1.05 gp per arrow. A
      normal arrow costs .05 gp, and the Cold Iron special material should
      double the price to 0.10 gp.

      I checked out how the Alchemical Silver equipment modifier was
      coded. Alchemical Silver adds +2 gp to each arrow, and the price
      comes out correctly. Alchemical Silver is listed with COST:0 and
      BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|2.

      The Cold Iron equipment modifier is listed as COST:(BASECOST), with
      no BONUS:ITEMCOST tag. I tried changing the Cold Iron equipment
      modifier to COST:0 and BONUS:ITEMCOST|TYPE.Ammunition|BASECOST. This
      produces a cost of 0.100000000745058 ... etc. Purchasing one of
      these Cold Iron arrows causes the "Total Value" field in the lower
      right corner of the Gear tab to display an odd result. Equipping the
      Cold Iron arrow causes the whole cost of the arrow
      (0.100000000745058 ...) to appear on both the preview pane and the
      output sheet.

      I haven't tried this out on later versions because I usually use the
      cmp datasets, but all of the above testing was rsrd. Equipment
      modifiers is one of my week points. Is there a way to code the Cold
      Iron equipment modifier so that it produces the correct cost?

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2006
        ovka scribed:

        > Cold Iron arrows are priced incorrectly. Creating a custom arrow and
        > adding Cold Iron to it results in a price of 1.05 gp per arrow. A
        > normal arrow costs .05 gp, and the Cold Iron special material should
        > double the price to 0.10 gp.

        I seem to recall some recent remarks from the coders about the cause and fix
        for this. I just checked on my build from yesterday and the price came out
        at .10 gp, it's safe to say this is fixed and this was probably done before
        5.9.8.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Content Silverback