[BUG] 5.9.8. OS export to PDF & HTML

  • Thomas Jannes
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 7:48 AM
      Haven't used PCgen a lot since 5.8.x since my group stopped playing
      for a while. Now I just had to update a character and stumbled on an
      error that must have something to do with output code.

      Both the MISC.MAGIC and the MISC.FUNDS are broken. I noticed it first
      in the PDF but double-checked in the combined HTML.

      Code in base.xml (for PDF) says
      <misc>
      |%MISC.FUNDS|
      <funds>
      </funds>
      |%|

      And the output is something like

      I did an output to the html combined, that has this as code:

      |MISC.FUNDS,<br />| and that gives an output like
      Object1<br />Object2<br />

      Looking at the code of the html I see
      Object1<br />

      So I presume somewhere the < and > are escaped while they should not be...

      Oh, this bug was present in 5.9.7 too. Not in the 5.8 series as far as
      I know

      Thomas Jannes
      aka Chipoulou
      Former Mad OS Test Monkey
      Still yawning from winter sleep
    • Richard Bowers
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3 12:46 PM
        On 4/3/06, Thomas Jannes <tjannes@...> wrote:
        > Haven't used PCgen a lot since 5.8.x since my group stopped playing
        > for a while. Now I just had to update a character and stumbled on an
        > error that must have something to do with output code.
        >
        > Both the MISC.MAGIC and the MISC.FUNDS are broken. I noticed it first
        > in the PDF but double-checked in the combined HTML.

        > Looking at the code of the html I see
        > Object1<br />
        >
        > So I presume somewhere the < and > are escaped while they should not be...

        Didn't someone put a fix in on the Java side recently to help with the
        problem of embedded special characters? (Before, you'd have problems
        exporting if someone had typed an ampersand or lt/gt sign into one of
        the text fields). Sounds like something similar isn't working. The OS
        code in the email looks like it should give correct results, unless
        I'm missing something.