[BUG]

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 2, 2006
      When I load the RSRD with a current build (built like 10 minutes ago) I get
      a ton of error messages.

      Error parsing file
      'file:/E:/pcgendev/data/d20ogl/srd35/psionics/rsrd_feats_psionic_hidden.lst'
      line '46':
      pcgen.core.SpellSupport.addSpellLevel(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lj
      ava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/List;)V
      Ignoring error
      java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
      pcgen.core.SpellSupport.addSpellLevel(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lj
      ava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/List;)V
      at plugin.lsttokens.SpelllevelLst.parse(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.PObjectLoader.parseTagLevel(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.PObjectLoader.parseTag(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.AbilityLoader.parseLine(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.FeatLoader.parseLine(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFile(Unknown
      Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.FeatLoader.loadLstFile(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstObjectFileLoader.loadLstFiles(Unknown
      Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.lst.LstSystemLoader.loadCampaigns(Unknown
      Source)
      at pcgen.persistence.PersistenceManager.loadCampaigns(Unknown
      Source)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.loadCampaigns(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource.access$1800(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.gui.MainSource$18.construct(Unknown Source)
      at pcgen.util.SwingWorker$2.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

      Thoughts?

      When I try and load the CMP datasets I get the same message, only it's
      referring to a different file type (races). There's actually one for each
      race file there....

      What does it mean and why are there so many of them?

      Barak
    • James Dempsey
      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 2, 2006
        Hi Barak,

        On 2/04/2006 10:53 PM Barak wrote

        >When I load the RSRD with a current build (built like 10 minutes ago) I get
        >a ton of error messages.

        Sounds like your plugins are out of date. Try doing an "ant clean build"
        and try it after that.

        Cheers,
        James Dempsey
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 2, 2006

          Ok, that did it, but why? :p

          My original build batch file had this which (apparently) didn't work:

          call ant clean
          call ant build-optimize

          Barak

          PS:Hmm, just noted that one built with build-optimize results in a .jar that
          is approx 700k smaller. Interesting.

          PSS:And if I rebuild with my old batch file and substitute the smaller .jar,
          it still works properly. :P
        • Andrew Wilson
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 2, 2006
            On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 08:53:44AM -0400, Barak wrote:
            > pcgen.core.SpellSupport.addSpellLevel(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lj
            > ava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/List;)V
            > Ignoring error
            > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
            > pcgen.core.SpellSupport.addSpellLevel(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Lj
            > ava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/util/List;)V
            > at plugin.lsttokens.SpelllevelLst.parse(Unknown Source)
            > at pcgen.persistence.lst.PObjectLoader.parseTagLevel(Unknown Source)
            >
            > When I try and load the CMP datasets I get the same message, only it's
            > referring to a different file type (races). There's actually one for each
            > race file there....
            >
            > What does it mean and why are there so many of them?

            It sounds like a plugin problem it's looking for the method

            public void addSpellLevel(
            String tagType,
            String className,
            String spellName,
            String spellLevel,
            List preList)

            in spellsupport.java and can't find it. There are so many of them
            because it will throw the error every time it tries to parse the
            SPELLLEVEL tag.

            ant clean; ant build

            should fix it.

            andrew
            --
            Sagittarius: (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)
            New directions in evolutionary theory make it possible for people to
            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 4, 2006
              Hi Barak,

              On 2/04/2006 11:28 PM Barak wrote

              >>Sounds like your plugins are out of date. Try doing an "ant
              >>clean build"
              >>and try it after that.
              >>

              >Ok, that did it, but why? :p
              >
              >My original build batch file had this which (apparently) didn't work:
              >
              >call ant clean
              >call ant build-optimize
              >
              >Barak
              >
              >PS:Hmm, just noted that one built with build-optimize results in a .jar that
              >is approx 700k smaller. Interesting.

              Makes sense - the optimize removes all of the debugging info etc so it
              has a lot less to store in the jar file.

              >PSS:And if I rebuild with my old batch file and substitute the smaller .jar,
              >it still works properly. :P

              The build-optimize was not copying the newly produced jar file to where
              you were using it. As a result you were probably running an old jar file
              (rather than old plugins). I have committed a fix for this so that the
              build-optimise target should work fine for you now.

              Cheers,
              James Dempsey
              PCGen Code Gibbon.
            • Nigel Bennington
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 30, 2008
                PCGen 5.13.12
                Win XP Pro

                In the rsrd__animals.lst file the following lines generate errors when
                the file is loaded in debug mode. Essentially, in both cases the base
                line is not recognised, so the .COPY and .MOD both fail (PObject error
                about not finding Camel or Elephant respectively)

                Line numbers in square brackets

                [26]Camel
                STARTFEATS:1
                SIZE:L
                MOVE:Walk,50
                FACE:10
                REACH:5
                VISION:Low-light
                PREALIGN:TN
                BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE BONUS:STAT|STR|8
                BONUS:STAT|DEX|6
                BONUS:STAT|CON|4
                BONUS:STAT|INT|-8
                BONUS:STAT|CHA|-6
                MONCSKILL:Listen|Spot LEGS:4
                BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|DAMAGE|-ceil(STR/2)
                BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|TOHIT|-5
                NATURALATTACKS:Bite,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Bludgeoning.Piercing.Slashing,*1,1d4
                SAB:Scent (Ex)
                MONSTERCLASS:Animal:3
                RACETYPE:Animal
                TYPE:Animal
                CR:1
                SOURCEPAGE:MonstersAnimals.rtf

                [27]Camel.COPY=Camel (Bactrian)

                [28]Camel (Bactrian).MOD
                OUTPUTNAME:[NAME] Camel
                BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|-10
                BONUS:STAT|CON|2

                [45]Elephant
                STARTFEATS:1
                SIZE:H
                MOVE:Walk,40
                FACE:15
                REACH:10
                VISION:Low-light
                PREALIGN:TN
                BONUS:COMBAT|AC|7|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE
                BONUS:STAT|STR|20
                BONUS:STAT|CON|10
                BONUS:STAT|INT|-8
                BONUS:STAT|WIS|2
                BONUS:STAT|CHA|-4
                MONCSKILL:Listen|Spot
                LEGS:4
                HANDS:3
                BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Gore|DAMAGE|max(0,(STR/2))
                NATURALATTACKS:Slam,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Bludgeoning,*1,2d6|Stamp,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Bludgeoning,*1,2d6
                NATURALATTACKS:Gore,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Piercing,*1,2d8
                SAB:Trample (Ex)
                SAB:Scent (Ex)
                MONSTERCLASS:Animal:11
                RACETYPE:Animal
                TYPE:Animal
                HITDICEADVANCEMENT:22
                CR:7
                SOURCEPAGE:MonstersAnimals.rtf
                [46]Elephant.COPY=Elephant (Indian)
                [47]Elephant (Indian).MOD
                OUTPUTNAME:[NAME] Elephant
                BONUS:STAT|STR|-2
                BONUS:STAT|WIS|2

                Reported errors are:

                SEVERE PObject Camel not found; .COPY skipped.
                SEVERE PObject Elephant not found; .COPY skipped.
                LSTERROR
                file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen%20Beta/PCGen51312/data/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_races__animals.lst
                (55): PObject Camel (Bactrian) not found; .MOD skipped.
                LSTERROR
                file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen%20Beta/PCGen51312/data/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_races__animals.lst
                (93): PObject Elephant (Indian) not found; .MOD skipped.
              • Nigel Bennington
                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 30, 2008
                  PCGEN 5.13.12
                  Win XP Pro

                  The CAMPAIGN .pcc files do not seem to have been updated properly.

                  e.g.

                  In rsrd_campaign_corebook1.pcc

                  The line:
                  [43]EQUIPMOD:@/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_equipmods_base.lst|(INCLUDE:CHARGED_ITEM_10)

                  should read
                  [43]EQUIPMOD:@/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst|(INCLUDE:CHARGED_ITEM_10)

                  And loading file:

                  rsrd_campaign_no_psionics.pcc

                  Generates the following errors:

                  SEVERE
                  ERROR:file:/C:/Program%20Files/PCGen%20Beta/PCGen51312/data/d20ogl/srd35/campaign/rsrd_abilitycategories_epic.lst
                  Exception type:java.io.FileNotFoundException
                  Message:C:\Program Files\PCGen
                  Beta\PCGen51312\data\d20ogl\srd35\campaign\rsrd_abilitycategories_epic.lst
                  (The system cannot find the file specified)
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: AGENT RETRIEVER FEAT... but it
                  does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token AGENT RETRIEVER FEAT from bonusInfo AGENT
                  RETRIEVER FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: COSMIC DESCRYER FEAT... but it
                  does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token COSMIC DESCRYER FEAT from bonusInfo COSMIC
                  DESCRYER FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: DIVINE EMISSARY FEAT... but it
                  does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token DIVINE EMISSARY FEAT from bonusInfo DIVINE
                  EMISSARY FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: INFILTRATOR SPECIALIST
                  TRAINING... but it does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token INFILTRATOR SPECIALIST TRAINING from
                  bonusInfo INFILTRATOR SPECIALIST TRAINING in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: GUARDIAN PARAMOUNT FEAT... but
                  it does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token GUARDIAN PARAMOUNT FEAT from bonusInfo
                  GUARDIAN PARAMOUNT FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: HIGH PROSELYTIZER FEAT... but
                  it does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token HIGH PROSELYTIZER FEAT from bonusInfo HIGH
                  PROSELYTIZER FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: LEGENDARY DREADNOUGHT FEAT...
                  but it does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token LEGENDARY DREADNOUGHT FEAT from bonusInfo
                  LEGENDARY DREADNOUGHT FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: PERFECT WIGHT FEAT... but it
                  does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token PERFECT WIGHT FEAT from bonusInfo PERFECT
                  WIGHT FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: EPIC BARBARIAN FEAT... but it
                  does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token EPIC BARBARIAN FEAT from bonusInfo EPIC
                  BARBARIAN FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: EPIC BARD FEAT... but it does
                  not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token EPIC BARD FEAT from bonusInfo EPIC BARD FEAT
                  in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: EPIC CLERIC FEAT... but it does
                  not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token EPIC CLERIC FEAT from bonusInfo EPIC CLERIC
                  FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: EPIC DRUID FEAT... but it does
                  not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token EPIC DRUID FEAT from bonusInfo EPIC DRUID
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: EPIC FIGHTER FEAT... but it
                  does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token EPIC FIGHTER FEAT from bonusInfo EPIC
                  FIGHTER FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: EPIC MONK FEAT... but it does
                  not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token EPIC MONK FEAT from bonusInfo EPIC MONK FEAT
                  in BonusObj.newBonus.
[...]
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: EPIC PALADIN FEAT... but it
                  does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token EPIC PALADIN FEAT from bonusInfo EPIC
                  PALADIN FEAT in BonusObj.newBonus.
                  SEVERE Attempt to fetch AbilityCategory: EPIC PALADIN FEAT... but it
                  does not exist
                  FINER Could not parse token EPIC PALADIN FEAT from bonusIn<br/><br/>(Message over 64 KB, truncated)
                • Martijn Verburg
                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 31, 2008
                    Thanks for the report!

                    I could not reproduce using latest from SVN, so I suspect it is fixed
                    already

                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 31, 2008
                      Ah, no I can reproduce this when loading:

                      RSRD Campaign Set Core Book I

                      I've trackered it

                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 31, 2008
                        And thanks again! I've confirmed and trackered both of these.

                        > PCGEN 5.13.12
                        > Win XP Pro
                        >
                        > The CAMPAIGN .pcc files do not seem to have been updated properly.
                        >
                        > e.g.
                        >
                        > In rsrd_campaign_corebook1.pcc
                        >
                        > The line:

                        [43]EQUIPMOD:@/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_equipmods_base.lst|(INCLUDE:CHARGED_ITEM_10)

                        > should read

                        [43]EQUIPMOD:@/d20ogl/srd35/basics/rsrd_equipmods_enhancing.lst|(INCLUDE:CHARGED_ITEM_10)

                        > And loading file:
                        >
                        > rsrd_campaign_no_psionics.pcc
                        >
                        > Generates the following errors:

                        <snip error message>
                      • Nigel Bennington
                        Message 11 of 21 , Mar 31, 2008
                          Further investigation shows that the error is reported only when animals
                          are being added from the file using INCLUDE: and the camel and elephant
                          aren't on the list of included races.

                          Coromir.

                          Martijn Verburg wrote:
                          > Ah, no I can reproduce this when loading:
                          >
                          > RSRD Campaign Set Core Book I
                          >
                          > I've trackered it

                          >> Thanks for the report!
                          >>
                          >> I could not reproduce using latest from SVN, so I suspect it is fixed
                          >> already

                          >>> PCGen 5.13.12
                          >>> Win XP Pro
                          >>>
                          >>> In the rsrd__animals.lst file the following lines generate errors
                          > when
                          >>> the file is loaded in debug mode. Essentially, in both cases the base
                          >>> line is not recognised, so the .COPY and .MOD both fail (PObject
                          > error
                          >>> about not finding Camel or Elephant respectively)
                          >>>
                          >>> Line numbers in square brackets
                          >>>
                          >>> [26]Camel
                          >>> STARTFEATS:1
                          >>> SIZE:L
                          >>> MOVE:Walk,50
                          >>> FACE:10
                          >>> REACH:5
                          >>> VISION:Low-light
                          >>> PREALIGN:TN
                          >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE
                          >> BONUS:STAT|STR|8
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|DEX|6
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|CON|4
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|INT|-8
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|CHA|-6
                          >>> MONCSKILL:Listen|Spot LEGS:4
                          >>> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|DAMAGE|-ceil(STR/2)
                          >>> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Bite|TOHIT|-5
                          >>>
                          > NATURALATTACKS:Bite,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Bludgeoning.Piercing.Slashing,*1,1d4
                          >>> SAB:Scent (Ex)
                          >>> MONSTERCLASS:Animal:3
                          >>> RACETYPE:Animal
                          >>> TYPE:Animal
                          >>> CR:1
                          >>> SOURCEPAGE:MonstersAnimals.rtf
                          >>>
                          >>> [27]Camel.COPY=Camel (Bactrian)
                          >>>
                          >>> [28]Camel (Bactrian).MOD
                          >>> OUTPUTNAME:[NAME] Camel
                          >>> BONUS:MOVEADD|TYPE.Walk|-10
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|CON|2
                          >>>

                          >>> [45]Elephant
                          >>> STARTFEATS:1
                          >>> SIZE:H
                          >>> MOVE:Walk,40
                          >>> FACE:15
                          >>> REACH:10
                          >>> VISION:Low-light
                          >>> PREALIGN:TN
                          >>> BONUS:COMBAT|AC|7|TYPE=NaturalArmor.REPLACE
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|STR|20
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|CON|10
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|INT|-8
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|WIS|2
                          >>> BONUS:STAT|CHA|-4
                          >>> MONCSKILL:Listen|Spot
                          >>> LEGS:4
                          >>> HANDS:3
                          >>> BONUS:WEAPONPROF=Gore|DAMAGE|max(0,(STR/2))
                          >>>
                          > NATURALATTACKS:Slam,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Bludgeoning,*1,2d6|Stamp,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Bludgeoning,*1,2d6
                          >>>
                          >> NATURALATTACKS:Gore,Weapon.Natural.Melee.Finesseable.Piercing,*1,2d8
                          >>> SAB:Trample (Ex)
                          >>> SAB:Scent (Ex)
                          >>> MONSTERCLASS:Animal:11
                          >>> RACETYPE:Animal
                          >>> TYPE:Animal
                          >>> HITDICEADVANCEMENT:22
                          >>> CR:7

                          Message 12 of 21 , Mar 31, 2008
                            PCGEN 5.13.12
                            Win XP PRO

                            Problem with the COVER tag in .pcc files.

                            If the path to the image file contains an apostrophe the cover image
                            fails to display.

                            e.g Pathname:

                            C:/Program Files/PCGen/PCGen5.13.12/Data/Gamer's Handbook/

                            Contains the files gh.pcc and gh.jpg

                            and the .pcc file contains the line

                            COVER:gh.jpg

                            Then the cover image does not load.

                            Change the pathname to
                            C:/Program Files/PCGen/PCGen5.13.12/Data/Gamers Handbook/

                            and all is well.

                            Coromir.
                          • Eddy Anthony
                            Message 13 of 21 , Mar 31, 2008
                              It's all fixed up now., fixed some other issues too. Thanks for the report.

                              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
                            • Martijn Verburg
                              Message 14 of 21 , Apr 1, 2008
                                Trackered - K

                                > PCGEN 5.13.12
                                > Win XP PRO
                                >
                                > Problem with the COVER tag in .pcc files.
                                >
                                > If the path to the image file contains an apostrophe the cover image
                                > fails to display.
                                >
                                > e.g Pathname:
                                >
                                > C:/Program Files/PCGen/PCGen5.13.12/Data/Gamer's Handbook/
                                >
                                > Contains the files gh.pcc and gh.jpg
                                >
                                > and the .pcc file contains the line
                                >
                                > COVER:gh.jpg
                                >
                                > Then the cover image does not load.
                                >
                                > Change the pathname to
                                > C:/Program Files/PCGen/PCGen5.13.12/Data/Gamers Handbook/
                                >
                                > and all is well.
                                >

                                > Coromir.

                              • Eric C Smith
                                Message 15 of 21 , Jan 1, 2010
                                  Hi Folks and I hope this note finds everyone having had a wonderful
                                  holiday season!

                                  While prepping for a game for this weekend I have run across a bug in
                                  the RSRD Treasure Kits.

                                  It seems that the OPTION range values have incorrect values. Or at
                                  least the one I examined did and as I picked it at randome I will
                                  assume that the error exists in other locations as well.

                                  Specifically, if you look at the Treasure Table Coins CR10 includes
                                  the following:

                                  STARTPACK:Treasure Table Coins
                                  CR10 TYPE:Treasure VISIBLE:YES APPLY:INSTANT EQUIPBUY:0
                                  SELECT:roll("1d100")
                                  GEAR:Coin (Silver) QTY:roll("2d10")*1000 OPTION:11,24
                                  GEAR:Coin (Gold) QTY:roll("6d4")*100 OPTION:35,79
                                  GEAR:Coin (Platinum) QTY:roll("5d6")*10 OPTION:86,100

                                  Per the 3.5 SRD it should read as follows:

                                  STARTPACK:Treasure Table Coins
                                  CR10 TYPE:Treasure VISIBLE:YES APPLY:INSTANT EQUIPBUY:0
                                  SELECT:roll("1d100")
                                  GEAR:Coin (Silver) QTY:roll("2d10")*1000 OPTION:11,24
                                  GEAR:Coin (Gold) QTY:roll("6d4")*100 OPTION:25,79
                                  GEAR:Coin (Platinum) QTY:roll("5d6")*10 OPTION:80,100

                                  I have tracker this particular issue.

                                  Additionally, I have noticed that the treasure that is generated isn't
                                  as random as I would expect.

                                  I have created a half dozen Trolls, of both normal and Scrag, and
                                  applied the Standard Treasure CR5 kit. All critters consistently
                                  recieved Gold of varying quantities and ALWAYS received Small Full-
                                  Plate.

                                  I am using the following:
                                  Mac running OSX 10.5.8
                                  PCGen 5.16.2
                                  RSRD loaded

                                  Can someone create a troll and apply the 'Treasure Standard CR5' kit
                                  and post the results?

                                  Thanks!

                                  Maredudd