[Announce]There will be a freeze Sunday 10:00AM EST (GMT-5)

  • Éric Beaudoin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      As stated in the roadmap and confirmed by our favorite chair person, we will release 5.9.8 Beta this weekend. The commit will be frozen starting

      Sunday the 2nd of April, at 10:00 AM EST (15:00 GMT)

      If you commit between now and the freeze deadline, make extra sure you do not break the build or the Junit tests. As of now (revision 559), the build is working but there is on Junit test that fail (pcgen.persistence.lst)

      Important note for the 5.10 roadmap

      Please make sure that you reference the tracker number when you commit stuff. It's very hard to do some control or QA if we have only a one description of what you are doing. At this point in the process, ONLY THE P7+ TRACKER SHOULD RESULT IN CODE COMMITTED. The only exception to this are the documentation changes (no impact on the stability of PCGen) and the Alpha data directory (won't be officially included in the stable release).

      If there is no tracker or you think the tracker priority is not high enough, contact your SB ASAP to rectify the situation BEFORE committing files. At this point of the process, only the SB and their second have the authority to raise the priority of a tracker.

      Please understand that this is not senseless red tape. We have a very tight schedule to deliver a stable product. We are committed on a specific roadmap and need to stick to it. I thank you for you collaboration on this.

      Best

      Éric "Space Monkey" Beaudoin
      Release Monkey fighting Real Life(tm)
      <mailto:beaudoer@...>