Re: Command Line PC Gen

  • karianna03
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2006
      Quote from dev list:

      "it doesn't look like you can export PDF sheets (though
      I've never tried). The options that I initially wrote
      are
      pcgen.inputfile (this is the pcg file)
      pcgen.templatefile (this is the html/txt output sheet)
      pcgen.outputfile (this is the resulting output sheet)
      these are all done as system properties (i.e. like
      this)
      java -jar pcgen.jar
      -Dpcgen.inputfile=characters\milo.pcg
      -Dpcgen.templatefile=outputsheets\html\mysheet.htm
      -Dpcgen.outputfile=characters\milo.htm

      -Bryan"

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

      > OK, I'll throw this on the Dev list - K
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pkukwork" <philippe.krait@> wrote:

      > > > Hmm, I'm not to sure, are you saying you don't know what the
      > > > parameters are? Or that you'd like to have some?
      > >
      > > I know the standard parameters (those in the documentation of PCGen),
      > > but that's all, and in particular, I don't know the one for asking for
      > > a pdf generation. Someone promised to ask another guy about getting
      > > the complete list of parameters and switches, but that's all that I
      > > know...
      > >
      > > Philippe

    • pkukwork
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 2, 2006
        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

        > "it doesn't look like you can export PDF sheets (though
        > I've never tried). The options that I initially wrote
        > are
        > pcgen.inputfile (this is the pcg file)
        > pcgen.templatefile (this is the html/txt output sheet)
        > pcgen.outputfile (this is the resulting output sheet)
        > these are all done as system properties (i.e. like
        > this)
        > java -jar pcgen.jar
        > -Dpcgen.inputfile=characters\milo.pcg
        > -Dpcgen.templatefile=outputsheets\html\mysheet.htm
        > -Dpcgen.outputfile=characters\milo.htm

        OK, thanks for the answer. I can confirm that (unfortunately), if you
        use a pdf template file for the template, it will not output pdf at
        all, but only the xslt template itself.

        Too bad, can that extension be filed as a interesting development
        request (possible with a -pdf switch on the command line) ?

        Thanks in advance,

        Philippe
      • karianna03
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 4, 2006
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "pkukwork" <philippe.krait@...> wrote:

          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@> wrote:
          > >
          > > "it doesn't look like you can export PDF sheets (though
          > > I've never tried). The options that I initially wrote
          > > are
          > > pcgen.inputfile (this is the pcg file)
          > > pcgen.templatefile (this is the html/txt output sheet)
          > > pcgen.outputfile (this is the resulting output sheet)
          > > these are all done as system properties (i.e. like
          > > this)
          > > java -jar pcgen.jar
          > > -Dpcgen.inputfile=characters\milo.pcg
          > > -Dpcgen.templatefile=outputsheets\html\mysheet.htm
          > > -Dpcgen.outputfile=characters\milo.htm
          >
          > OK, thanks for the answer. I can confirm that (unfortunately), if you
          > use a pdf template file for the template, it will not output pdf at
          > all, but only the xslt template itself.
          >
          > Too bad, can that extension be filed as a interesting development
          > request (possible with a -pdf switch on the command line) ?

          It certainly can, I've added a tracker to SF for this :-)

        • pkukwork
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 4, 2006
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

            > > OK, thanks for the answer. I can confirm that (unfortunately), if you
            > > use a pdf template file for the template, it will not output pdf at
            > > all, but only the xslt template itself.
            > >
            > > Too bad, can that extension be filed as a interesting development
            > > request (possible with a -pdf switch on the command line) ?
            >
            > It certainly can, I've added a tracker to SF for this :-)

            OK, thanks.

            Philippe