[Announcement] New Content Silverback

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 9:47 PM
      Greetings
      I'd like to announce that I will be stepping down as Content Silverback
      at the end of this development cycle with the release of PCGen 5.10. With a
      baby on the way and other RL demands combined with the increasing activity
      and scope of our project the position now needs more attention than I can
      give to it.

      I've asked Frank Kliewe if he would be willing to take on the mantle and
      he has accepted. Although Frank has not been with the project for very long
      he has demonstrated a high degree of skill, has put many hours in and made
      major improvements to the Modern data he has been focused on. He has also
      worked in and contributed to the other two areas under the Content umbrella,
      Docs and OS. I'm confident Frank will make an excellent SB in the months
      ahead.

      This change will be effective on the release of 5.10, hopefully we will
      be able to meet our target deadline of 4/30. Issues directly related to
      Content development for 5.10 should be addressed to me. Issues, discussions
      and specs concerning post 5.10 development can be addressed to Frank,
      consider him the acting Content SB for all things outside of the imminent
      production release.

      I may be scarce for a while after this occurs but I'll be around, I've
      offered to take the role of Data Second but of coarse Frank is free to
      choose whoever (and however many) seconds he wishes.

      I want to thank Frank for stepping up to the challenge, I've found this
      experience to be quite rewarding and I hope he will as well.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback