[MOD][OT] Autoresponder - can this get killed?

  • Richard Bowers
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
      I've noticed there's an autoresponder on info@...,
      which sends an email announcing "This is a test 123" in german every
      time I send an email to the group. It also responds to any email sent
      directly to that address. I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has
      noticed, but emails to the postmaster at that address aren't being
      responded to.

      Would a moderator consider killing this address? Or is this just a way
      of slapping down people who send too many emails?
    • David
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
        The id is not a member, nor am I getting any messages from it.

        Seems to be just you.

        -- david
        Papa-DRB
        Moderator Monkey

        $> which sends an email announcing "This is a test 123" in german every
        $> time I send an email to the group. It also responds to any email sent
        $> directly to that address. I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has
        $> noticed, but emails to the postmaster at that address aren't being
        $> responded to.
        $>
        $> Would a moderator consider killing this address? Or is this
        $> just a way
        $> of slapping down people who send too many emails?
      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
          Nope I was getting that as well but only when responding to the post with
          ATT:EDDY in the subject, I've not seen it since.
          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          ~ PCGen Content Silverback

          On 3/27/06 11:57 AM, "David" <Papa-DRB@...> wrote:

          > The id is not a member, nor am I getting any messages from it.
          >
          > Seems to be just you.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa-DRB
          > Moderator Monkey

        • boomer70
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
            I got it when I had [Tir] in the subject.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Paul W. King
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 27, 2006
              > I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has noticed, but emails to the
              > postmaster at that address aren't being responded to.

              I don't recall ever getting that response.

              Paul W. King
              PR SB, BoD
            • karianna03
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 28, 2006
                I've found the likely member and have set their email preferences to
                'No Email' until they are able to investigate further.

                Karianna - Mod