Support for non-D20-RPG's

  • dfeldermann
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2006
      Hello,

      I'm new to this group and I joined because I'm looking for a program
      that helps me to create a Character-Sheet for a non-D20 RPG.

      The main problem is that the RPG ruleset needs a lot of very simple
      calculations for Experience Points and it doesn't even remotely follow
      the standarts of D20.
      And since I don't have the time to program a generator from scratch
      I'm looking for a Generator which is modular enough for me to program
      only the specific rules for the rpg instead of everything from input
      windows to printing routines.

      I once programmed an generator in Javascript, but that worked only
      local (the code needed about two seconds to generate the first page
      even local on a fast PC). At the moment I'm working with an excel
      sheet - but that has some minor graphic problems an isn't very user
      friendly...

      Is it possible to easily adapt PCGEN to a non-D20-ruleset or would
      that require a major reprogramming?

      Thanks for the answer
      Dirk