Re: [pcgen] Partial CORE set reorganization

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 22, 2006
      On 3/22/06 11:06 AM, "boomer70" <boomer70@...> wrote:

      >> So do we go with a configuration with a harmonious
      >> dependencies or do we
      >> keep it closer to the source materials
      >> organizational structure?
      >>
      >> Your heated opinions please ;-)
      >
      > Because this is such a common thing ("PHB" only) I
      > think we have to have some way to do this. Perhaps
      > splitting Divine into two sets Divine - Mortals and
      > Divine - Immortals?

      How about a third set of pcc's?

      We have a Complete pcc, which in this config simply loads all the partial
      pcc's. Then we have the Partial sets which are the mini self contained
      subsets of the data designed so that you can load as few or as many of them
      as you wish.

      A third sets of pcc's, lets call them Campaign sets for now, for the alt pcc
      concept. They would just be pcc's without any LST files which would load
      files from the partial sets. They would be designed to be used as stand
      alone sets not to be loaded with any of the Partial sets or any of the other
      Campaign sets. Thus we could set up sets for PHB only, Three Core books
      only, Everything but Psionics etc..

      In this way we would have the stability of the simplified straight forward
      set up this reorganization offers but at the same time offer any type of
      customized Campaign set because we can make as many as we want with any
      wacky INCLUDE/EXCLUDEs needed any it has no impact on our ability to
      maintain the Partial sets.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Content Silverback