Portraits in saved characters

  • Darin McBride
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2006
      It seems that when I add a portrait to a character, PCGen puts the full path
      to the portrait. This is awkward when I try to send the character to a
      player unless they happen to install PCGen to exactly the same path that I
      did. Since I run Linux, and they run Windows, that's extremely unlikely ;-)
      Even if we were all running the same OS, some people only install stuff to
      their C: drive, others never install to their C: drive, or, on Linux,
      everyone's home directory is probably different. The current model thus only
      consistantly works if you stay on the same machine.

      Even if it were a relative path, there would be some limitations, but not
      quite as many - it would actually be reasonably possible to get the portraits
      working across machines (e.g., put 'em both in the same directory, or put
      your character in the pcgen/characters directory so we can use the CMP
      portraits).

      I even have this minor issue when I net use to my linux box from my windows
      laptop so I can use my laptop during gameplay.

      Not the end of the world, but something that it'd be nice to get working.

      Thanks,
    • Paul W. King
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2006
        [ 1451662 ] Portraits in saved characters
        https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1451662&group_id=25576&atid=384722

        Paul W. King
        PR SB, BoD